“Waste of money”

The Black Fedora Comedy Mystery Theatre
More attraction details
Owner description: Live theatre featuring clean comic whodunit shows, volunteer audience participation, a la carte appetizers, desserts, and drinks.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Fishers, Indiana
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Waste of money”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Terrible. Five us is went. We all hated it and left at intermission. Not funny, not a mystery, a waste of money. Nothing at all what Sherlock Holmes mysteries whether comedy of not should be. We felt like the script had been written 10 minutes before show. Just horrible. Not recommended. Spend your charleston money on something more worthwhile

Visited May 2013
Sherry W, Owner at The Black Fedora Comedy Mystery Theatre, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
You may notice that after months of great reviews we now have several very bad ones in a row. It should be obvious that these are from the same party who at an intermission told our waiter the show wasn’t what they expected and because two other guests were rude they were leaving. The waiter asked if he could do anything to help and they said no. The following day the bad reviews began, and the conversation we had the next day is nothing like one reviewer reports. Friends, if you attend our show and are unhappy, simply let us know at intermission and we will refund your ticket, comp your drink/dessert, and cheerfully point you to another great thing to do in our lovely city that’s more suited to your taste.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A fun little show”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The murder mystery show was entertaining. But most of the credit has to go to the audience participation. We were lucky with a great croud who really got involved and made it fun. The cast itself was so-so. The food (terrible!) and the drinks - wine coolers, really? But it was a lot of fun.
Go, and hope for a fun croud! We did and it turned out great.

Visited May 2013
Sherry W, Owner at The Black Fedora Comedy Mystery Theatre, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Hi, TripAdvisor readers! I'm really hoping this reviewer will let me know whether she ordered some food and didn't like it, or whether she didn't like the selections. So sorry to hear it! We buy fresh Sabra hummus, pita bread, chips and salsa, bakery cookies and ice cream, buffalo wings, blue cheese, celery, Cheesecake Factory cheesecakes, and more every week. I put together the queso dip and bake chocolate lava cakes at home. We offer beer and wine of all varieties, including wine coolers! :)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Laugh Out Loud Funny!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I enjoyed the Charleston History Mystery on a Sunday afternoon. Everyone associated with The Black Fedora were so nice and welcoming. The show itself was great and the group participation made it all the better.

Highly Recommend!

Visited April 2013
3 Thank SouthernCharm78
Baltimore
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Had a lot of fun at Inspector No Clues Murder Mystery Show”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Loved this place. The cast was wonderful. They involved many of the audience members & had the whole place roaring with laughter. When things didn't go as planned with a reading, they improvised which was even funnier! Each cast member did a superb job! We were thoroughly entertained for every minute of the show. I was sorry when the mystery was solved. My friends & I have attended these types of mystery/interactive shows on other travels, but this was by far the best one we've ever attended. I would definitely recommend this show!

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Karen S
Plant City, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“An oscar winning performance”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My daughter and I attended a performance her in November and enjoyed it so much more than we expected. The audience participation made it very different to anything we had experienced before. We were there on a slow night, so Rachael got to read one part, and I had two to play. The actors were having a great time and pulled the whole audience in with them. And afterwards they stood around and chatted, which made you feel even more part of the group. I was disappointed when I went back in March to find they were closed on the nights we were there as I would have liked a return trip. I would heartily recommend this for all the family.

Visited November 2012