“Not Quite What I Expected”

The Black Fedora Comedy Mystery Theatre
More attraction details
Owner description: Live theatre featuring clean comic whodunit shows, volunteer audience participation, a la carte appetizers, desserts, and drinks.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife and I attended a Tuesday night performance of "Sweet T. Christmas." After reading all of the great reviews, we decided that this was a must-do in Charleston. While we really did enjoy the show, especially the interactive part, we're not sure we felt that the amateur nature of the performance warranted the $24 price of admission. For the money we definitely expected a high quality performance, but this was not it (as far as the acting was concerned). I'm assuming that maybe they use the more experienced performers on weekends or something and perhaps that's why it wasn't what we expected. Having said that, it was still lots of fun and it was an enjoyable experience on a Tuesday evening; however, just make sure you know going in not to expect professional acting, and you'll have a great time!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I arrived on a last minute getaway from Northeastern NC. We didnt really have any plans except this show. We had a fantastic time!!!! Cool little place, silly actors, great location. Clever script and audience interaction (the part they gave my hubby was totally hysterical). This is not a dinner theater so eat before you go but..... The chocolate mousse cheesecake was AWESOME so save room for desert.
Good luck figuring out who the killer is... the cast does a great job disguising the answer.

Only suggestions: 1. If you buy your tickets before hand - call and make seating reservations. (it is a quaint, "cozy" (hint hint) location) 2. Take a sweater or cover if you are sensitive to the chill. The space's small stature allows the a/c to work very very well.

1  Thank Denise R
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have been to other mystery shows in the country and I have to say that this was the best show I have seen. It's a great value for wonderful entertainment. The staff and entertainers are amazing. It's the one place where you can actually go early and pick your seat. They are very interactive with the audience. They will make you laugh so hard you'll cry. Thanks for a fabulous evening. We will definitely be going back to see their additional shows.

1  Thank BritniPage
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We were looking for something fun to do on a Saturday night in Charleston and found this lovely place. It was a lot of fun with a very interactive, small audience. The cast was excellent and would definitely return again. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Katelyn S
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were looking for something fun to do while in Charleston. We found The Black Fedora.
It was a fun live theatre with audience participation. The drinks were reasonable and the audience was given scripts to read to be part of the act. Great Fun

2  Thank Louis P