“Surprise”

Dining options: Waitstaff
Charleston, South Carolina
“Surprise”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I had some friends in town and instead of the usual staples, we decided to try something new. We were in the mood for Italian and a quick google search presented us with Gennaro's. We arrived on a Friday night about 6:30 and were seated immediately, even though we didn't have reservations. They were busy, but no one seemed to mind that we had just stepped in from the street. Service was prompt for the most part (it took my friend a while to get her soda).

The food was amazing. I got the Seafood Alfredo and my friends got the Chicken Marsala and Lasagna. Some of the entrees are available in half portions. I wish I would have gotten one, because my plate was HUGE. The sauce was rich and creamy, and I had a hard time finishing it all, but it was so good I couldn't stop eating. The scallops were a good size and cooked perfectly.

I can't wait to go back!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Mlasses

Houston, Texas
“Solid Italian food”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stumbled upon this place when a friend and I were looking for another restaurant which happened to be closed. It was a Saturday night when we walked in and there was an hour wait for a table so we decided to come back. We went back about a week later and we were glad we did. The bread and olive oil dipping sauce came out first. The bread was unbelievably good. It was gone in a matter of minutes. When I try a new restaurant I always order a basic dish because, most of the time, if a restaurant can get a basic dish right, their other dishes come out great as well. I ordered the fettuccini alfredo with chicken and my friend ordered the eggplant parmigiana. Both were delicious. The alfredo sauce had nice flavors to it without being too rich and heavy. My friend said the eggplant parmigiana was good but not the best she has ever had. She did get a caesar salad with her entree and said the dressing was amazing. The portions were a pretty big size so we both had leftovers. The prices are pretty high but we were prepared for that. It's not a restaurant I would eat at every week, but more so for special occasions. The thing that really impressed me was our waitress. She was extremely helpful when we were trying to order and make honest suggestions. I am planning on going back just for the great service.

• Visited August 2012