“Great experience!”

Stars Restaurant - Rooftop & Grill Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Stars Restaurant - Rooftop & Grill Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #131 of 947 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Steakhouse, Healthy, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Stars Rooftop & Grill Room brings the art of live fire cooking to Charleston. Executive Chef Vince Carino exemplifies an artistic appreciation for live fire cooking by focusing on the details of each dish – the seasoning, balance, pairing and presentation. The restaurant has a full bar and grill room on the first floor and event space on the second floor. The rooftop bar has a 360-degree view of downtown Charleston and can accommodate up to 140 people. Dedicated to serving locally sourced food within 100 miles of Charleston, Stars’ food and beverage menus are fresh and seasonal. Stars brings a new tradition of open flame cuisine to Charleston and is not to be missed.
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Had a great experience. We met friends that flew here from San-Fran and are foodies as well. Awesome vibe, great service, fabulous food!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Hubby and I visited Stars this week to celebrate our anniversary. I had made a reservation on Opentable, but when I arrived there, they said that it was not there. I pulled up the confirmation email and realized that I had reserved it for the wrong day. This did not delay our visit however because they quickly seated us anyway!

I had looked at Yelp reviews prior, but couldn't discern whether or not they served food on the rooftop. So, for anyone wondering, they DO NOT serve food on the rooftop. It is a bar only.

The staff was accomodating when we asked to be seated a booth rather than a table. The service was fantastic. The food, even better.

This is a much fancier restaurant than the prices reflect. It was awesome! We felt like we got 5 star service at 3 star prices. If you are looking for an upscale place to eat without breaking the bank, this is your place. The food was excellent. I indulged in some risotto with duck confit and crispy brussel sprout leaves (an AMAZING combination) and the fiancee got the burger. The burger was perfectly cooked, medium rare and the surprise favorite of the night were the crispy brussel sprout leaves. This is a definitely a grill room, which I interpret as they cook a lot of their dishes over an open grill. When you walk in their is faint, but pleasing smokey scent in the air, like the kind you smell when your neighbor a few houses down is cooking some premium steaks on their fancy egg smoker grill...and you are inclined to invite yourself over for dinner, that kind of delicious smoky smell.

I really loved that you can see into the kitchen and watch the chefs work. The restaurant quickly filled up after 7pm, so I would recommend a reservation, even on a weekday (we were there on Wed night and it was close to packed). Also, this is a fancy place...clean nice clothes are strongly recommended.

We didn't get a chance to visit the upstairs bar, but will definitely return in the future.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Love this place! Food was awesome! Service was superb! Loved the rooftop bar! Only negative is they need speakers all around the rooftop. Will definitely go back!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Our waiter graciously accommodated my personal drink concoction. The food was fabulous, as well. The Crab Cake is spot on, and I am a crab cake snob! I really like this restaurant, seems to still be under the radar but I think they do a fabulous job here.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was my third visit to Stars Rooftop and Grill Room. My first visit was on opening night, just over a year ago. I had a few drinks at the wine bar downstairs then headed to the rooftop to watch the sun set. The second time I also came for drinks, but went straight up to the rooftop. It's a wonderful place to have drinks seeing as they have eight red and eight white wines on tap and all from California! Their beverage menu is very broad and they have special spirits you won't find just anywhere!
On this visit my boyfriend took me here for my birthday dinner. We sat at the chef's table, at the back of the restaurant with a view toward the kitchen. It's romantic and private, which was perfect! Our server Austin was extremely knowledgeable of all the wines on tap and the dishes. He allowed me to sample three different types of wine to help me decide. He said some people even sample all 16 wines, but I think that a little superfluous! They are continuing to run their Monday Night Special Menu 3 for 25 from their One Year Anniversary because they had such a big hit with it. That's what I chose to order from. I had the Oysters Bull's Bay, Pan Seared Atlantic Salmon, and Smoked Chocolate S'mores Pie, with 'Happy Birthday' across the plate :) . They oysters were very tasty- I only got three, but could have eaten a dozen! My salmon was one of the best I've ever had at a restaurant. I really enjoyed all the different flavors on my plate roasted onion and fennel puree-amazing and the red onion jam set it off just right! My love had the Wood-Grilled Octopus and it was very tasty! Our first time having grilled octopus and I kinda wish he would have given me more than three bites ;) He then had the Bone-In Ribeye~16oz. We usually don't order steaks, but we were pleasantly surprised! It was huge and served with smashed & friend potatoes covered in creme fraiche and crispy brussel sprout leaves!- I have to make those at home! He also ordered a Maccallan 18 yr scotch single malt, very serious drink!! Everything was soo delicious and Austin made it such a great experience! We cannot wait to come back!

1  Thank Krystal M