“Loved Everything!”

Stars Restaurant - Rooftop & Grill Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Stars Restaurant - Rooftop & Grill Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 916 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Steakhouse, Healthy, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Stars Rooftop & Grill Room brings the art of live fire cooking to Charleston. Executive Chef Vince Carino exemplifies an artistic appreciation for live fire cooking by focusing on the details of each dish – the seasoning, balance, pairing and presentation. The restaurant has a full bar and grill room on the first floor and event space on the second floor. The rooftop bar has a 360-degree view of downtown Charleston and can accommodate up to 140 people. Dedicated to serving locally sourced food within 100 miles of Charleston, Stars’ food and beverage menus are fresh and seasonal. Stars brings a new tradition of open flame cuisine to Charleston and is not to be missed.
Charleston, South Carolina
“Loved Everything!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was my third visit to Stars Rooftop and Grill Room. My first visit was on opening night, just over a year ago. I had a few drinks at the wine bar downstairs then headed to the rooftop to watch the sun set. The second time I also came for drinks, but went straight up to the rooftop. It's a wonderful place to have drinks seeing as they have eight red and eight white wines on tap and all from California! Their beverage menu is very broad and they have special spirits you won't find just anywhere!
On this visit my boyfriend took me here for my birthday dinner. We sat at the chef's table, at the back of the restaurant with a view toward the kitchen. It's romantic and private, which was perfect! Our server Austin was extremely knowledgeable of all the wines on tap and the dishes. He allowed me to sample three different types of wine to help me decide. He said some people even sample all 16 wines, but I think that a little superfluous! They are continuing to run their Monday Night Special Menu 3 for 25 from their One Year Anniversary because they had such a big hit with it. That's what I chose to order from. I had the Oysters Bull's Bay, Pan Seared Atlantic Salmon, and Smoked Chocolate S'mores Pie, with 'Happy Birthday' across the plate :) . They oysters were very tasty- I only got three, but could have eaten a dozen! My salmon was one of the best I've ever had at a restaurant. I really enjoyed all the different flavors on my plate roasted onion and fennel puree-amazing and the red onion jam set it off just right! My love had the Wood-Grilled Octopus and it was very tasty! Our first time having grilled octopus and I kinda wish he would have given me more than three bites ;) He then had the Bone-In Ribeye~16oz. We usually don't order steaks, but we were pleasantly surprised! It was huge and served with smashed & friend potatoes covered in creme fraiche and crispy brussel sprout leaves!- I have to make those at home! He also ordered a Maccallan 18 yr scotch single malt, very serious drink!! Everything was soo delicious and Austin made it such a great experience! We cannot wait to come back!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Krystal M

New York City, New York
“Amazing rooftop bar!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Went here with family and in-laws on Saturday night. Started at the rooftop bar which was incredible, great views, delicious drinks, heaters on a chilly night, and multiple TVs to watch the college games. One side was reserved for a private party which looked fantastic. Food was very good and the key lime "pie" dessert was great. Will definitely come back the next time I'm in town.

• Visited October 2013
“Stars delivers again”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food. Great wine selection. Impeccable service. Beautiful holy city view from their rooftop.

Visited October 2013
Charleston, SC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place is just okay. The scene and scenery is what you go for. Excellent wine list.”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I would not go here for food. It's not bad- but there are many other places that have better food in Charleston. However, the rooftop bar is definitely a plus. It seems to be more of a drinking place that also serves dinner and that is fine- however do not expect to be overwhelmed by the food.

Visited July 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service, delicious food, elegant comfortable setting”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is our second visit to this restaurant and on this trip we wanted to share it with some friends from out of town. We sat at a high top table in the front window , which allowed us to people watch and enjoy a wonderful meal. The restarant is also a place where there is enough space between tables that you can actually have a converstaion with your dinner. Cassey, our server, greeted us in a welcoming way and told us about the" wine on tap". This is the only restaurant on the east coast that offers California wines on tap. This refreshing approach to wine is like having the first glass of a newly opened bottle of wine . Wow what a difference in the taste of wine! The wine selection is quite nice and offers a variety of selections. Dinner selections were described by Cassey in such detail that our mouths began to water with anticipation. She was able to discuss the ingredients for those of us with food allergies. We found ourselves wanting to try each of them. We made our selections and were delighted with the food. The crab soup was excellent - not too rich but just right. The fish dishes were nice selections of fish , adequated amounts of fish and prepared to perfection. Our meal was perfect in every way and our server, Cassey made our evening more special. We will definetly return again and again. Ann and Hollis

• Visited October 2013