“Excellent BBQ at a Great Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Duke's BBQ

Duke's BBQ
Ranked #215 of 899 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Charleston, South Carolina
“Excellent BBQ at a Great Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

For my money, Duke's offers the best traditional, southern-style BBQ in Charleston. I was so pleased to see them come to Charleston as I have had their BBQ at other locations in the state. I have not been disappointed.
Their hash is by far the best of all the "real" (whole hog) bbq joints in town. Their prices are reasonable, and I always feel that I have received exceptional value for my money. Also, their mild mustard sauce is my favorite. A take out plate from Duke's is enough for two meals for myself and costs $9 even. You can't beat that!
Whether you're a local or a visitor who wants to try some serious, traditional SC bbq in the Charleston area, I highly recommend Duke's (waaaaayyy before any of the chains or more "popular" bbq places). Dine in for an all-you-can-eat buffet.

• Visited August 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Yum yum yum...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Just went through the drive-thru and got their fried chicken, macaroni and hash n rice. Soooooo good! My cousin got the BBQ with the Carolina Gold sauce. That's the only way to eat BBQ. They also have a buffet inside. The prices are great and they give you way more food than you can eat in one sitting. Definitely a great place to eat!

Visited June 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great value w/ best lunch buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

If you're in or near James island close to Lunchtime, hit Dukes. Really good value for great barbecue at great prices. Set yourself up with some ole southern barbecue!

• Visited April 2013
Charleston, SC
“Amazing Food - Friendly Staff - Fair Prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Who doesn't like good SC Style BBQ? - we make it a point to go to Duke's on James Island at least once a month. They put out a buffet with something for everyone. the food is always hot and fresh. The pulled pork, the fired chicken, that hash & gravy, the mac & cheese, the veggies. Even the desserts are fresh. Be prepared to sit with others at a community table, sure there are boothes and tables, but they fill up quickly during lunch. We've met many nice freindly folks at the community tables. On nice days there is outdoor dining. There is also a drive up window for those not eating in.

• Visited March 2013
South Florida
“Great Bar BQ in Charleston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Dukes was recommended to us as a good local Bar BQ restaurant. We were a little leery walking in, as we were not expecting a buffet. We're we mistaken. The food was outstanding. The pulled pork and fried chicken were outstanding. The sides were what I would call good country style (green beans, black eyed peas, collars greens). Because this is a buffet, it is an all you can eat, so it gave us the opportunity to try several of the sides, including the hush puppies and cord fritters.

Dukes is a place I would go to again in the Charleston area.

• Visited March 2013