“Enjoyable Walking Tour”

Historic Downtown Walking Tour
Charleston's Most Beautiful Walk
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Lowcountry Walking Tours is Charleston's premiere walking tour company. We now offer three walking tours -- the Downtown Walking Tour, Charleston's Most Beautiful Walk and our most popular tour, Charleston's Alleys and Hidden Passages! All of our tours are small-group for a more intimate experience.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Really enjoyed our Low Country walking tour with Bill S. He is very knowledgeable and gave us a great deal of information in an interesting and entertaining way. It's obvious that he loves Charleston. We have visited Charleston twice and will definitely go back again and take another one of Bill's tours.

David and Nancy Deal

1  Thank dealnan

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had a great time learning about the history of Charleston from our tour guide Bill. He was very knowledgeable of the history of Charleston and he had interesting stories to tell about different events that took place in Charleston's past. His background as a history teacher is an asset as he explained the history of Charleston. I highly recommend this walking tour!

1  Thank Richard C
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I would highly recommend taking the historical walking tour with Bill S. In Charleston for the first time from Chicago, Bill transported me back in time through his knowledge of history and interesting stories of life back in the day. You can tell Bill has a love of history as he is a retired history teacher. When I return to Charleston again, I will definitely take another tour with Bill. It was the best 2 hrs of my vacation!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

What an amazing time spent learning the history of Charleston with Bill S!! His knowledge and expertise on the subject are second to none. Bill has a love of history and it shows! His stories, enthusiasm, and love of this great city bring the tour to life....as though you are living in the moment. I would highly recommend any tour Bill S. leads.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We had a walking tour with Bill S. and it could not have been more informative and up close. We got to see homes and cannons and gates and alleys that would be missed driving or riding around. Despite all that Bill told us about, if we had a question, he knew the answer. You can tell he enjoys people's interest in this city and its history. I loved my first visit to Charleston and hope to go back again.