“YUM”

Ranked #41 of 926 Restaurants in Charleston
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church Street and South Market
Description: SIMPLY LOWCOUNTRY: Lowcountry Bistro focuses only on the freshest ingredients since all of the food we cook is from scratch. On the menu you will find cult favorites like Chicken and Waffles to Lowcountry classics like Shrimp and Grits. We also believe that great food can be affordable. Many of our lunch dishes are under $10. Our goal as a restaurant is to serve high quality, delicious food, at a fair price. We hope you agree after your meal at Lowcountry Bistro. SISTER RESTAURANT TO 82 QUEEN As an icon of the city for over 30 years, we have seen restaurants come and go. We pride ourselves on the fact that we were one of the first original Lowcountry cuisine restaurants to open their doors in the city. We know Lowcountry and after diligently researching Market Street restaurants, have come to the conclusion that what the area needs is a true, authentic Lowcountry restaurant.
Pleasant View, Tennessee
“YUM”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We ate here after walking through the marketplace. They offered a good selection of local favorites. Had a little bit of a wait but staff was quick and attentative.

Visited July 2014

USA
“Tasty brunch - fresh ingredients”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Enjoyed the Low Country Bistro after many misfired breakfasts in Charleston. Was patient enough to wait for brunch to roll around. Had the Jambalaya Benedict and Fried Green Tomatoes. The Benedict was an excellent take on an old line food item. Tomatoes were excellent.

Visited August 2014
wilmington,nc
“Awesome for brunch but good anytime.”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We had a great brunch experience here with eggs benedict including pork belly bacon and crab cake on a country biscuit. Almost too much to eat but was delicious. Brunch came with unlimited mimosas too. I had experienced dinner here before and loved the eclectic selection and brunch didn't disappoint either. Close to the market downtown do yourself a favor and drop in for some good food.

• Visited July 2014
Nashport, Ohio
“Chicken and Waffle”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I was in South Carolina for a few days visiting my in-laws and we went to Charleston for the day. We stopped at this bistro for a bite to eat before heading to tour Ft. Sumter. I had wanted to try Chicken and Waffles since hearing about this southern tradition. I had the opportunity while eating at Low Country Bistro. It was delicious. We sat downstairs by the main door. The place was clean and inviting. The hostess and server were friendly and attentive. I saw the Chicken and Waffle dinner and decided it was now or never. I ordered it and wasn't disappointed. It was a sweet potato bacon cornbread waffle with crispy half in-bone chicken with pecan butter and a bourbon reduction. I would definitely recommend this to anyone willing to try something different. My husband and father-in-law both ordered the burger which they enjoyed and my mother-in-law's salad looked incredible also. This place is located near shopping in the downtown area and if I ever go back, I'll stop there again.

• Visited July 2014
Midlothian
“Great little gem of a restaurant...suggested by hotel staff...”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Had low country shrimp boil...the food was excellent...our waitress was very attentive to out needs...service was very very good...

Visited July 2014