“Chicken and Waffle”

Ranked #40 of 946 Restaurants in Charleston
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church Street and South Market
Description: SIMPLY LOWCOUNTRY: Lowcountry Bistro focuses only on the freshest ingredients since all of the food we cook is from scratch. On the menu you will find cult favorites like Chicken and Waffles to Lowcountry classics like Shrimp and Grits. We also believe that great food can be affordable. Many of our lunch dishes are under $10. Our goal as a restaurant is to serve high quality, delicious food, at a fair price. We hope you agree after your meal at Lowcountry Bistro. SISTER RESTAURANT TO 82 QUEEN As an icon of the city for over 30 years, we have seen restaurants come and go. We pride ourselves on the fact that we were one of the first original Lowcountry cuisine restaurants to open their doors in the city. We know Lowcountry and after diligently researching Market Street restaurants, have come to the conclusion that what the area needs is a true, authentic Lowcountry restaurant.
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I was in South Carolina for a few days visiting my in-laws and we went to Charleston for the day. We stopped at this bistro for a bite to eat before heading to tour Ft. Sumter. I had wanted to try Chicken and Waffles since hearing about this southern tradition. I had the opportunity while eating at Low Country Bistro. It was delicious. We sat downstairs by the main door. The place was clean and inviting. The hostess and server were friendly and attentive. I saw the Chicken and Waffle dinner and decided it was now or never. I ordered it and wasn't disappointed. It was a sweet potato bacon cornbread waffle with crispy half in-bone chicken with pecan butter and a bourbon reduction. I would definitely recommend this to anyone willing to try something different. My husband and father-in-law both ordered the burger which they enjoyed and my mother-in-law's salad looked incredible also. This place is located near shopping in the downtown area and if I ever go back, I'll stop there again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,880)

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Had low country shrimp boil...the food was excellent...our waitress was very attentive to out needs...service was very very good...

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Because we'd had a great experience before we were eager to revisit but now we're sorry we didn't expand our horizons to something new. We were most disappointed at the end of the meal when our strawberry shortcake - a specific reason for returning - was served with burned (not lightly toasted) cornbread. The taste of char permiated everything. The fact that the kitchen sent it out (with the cream and berries trying to obscure the burnt cake?) made me angry and disappointed. I asked our server to remove it from the bill, which she did, but her response was "huh, generally everybody likes the cake" rather than even looking at the singed cakes. That cap of the evening made other petty annoyances more significant - The selection of dishes was exciting but my tuna special was bland. Service was incredibly slow - when I started to get worried because our car had limited parking, I coukd not even catch the server's eye to inquire. They were out of several beer selections.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We ate at Low Country Bistro twice on our week long trip to Charleston and both times the food was very good and the drinks were great! They have moonshine martinis which I loved and a lot of traditional southern dishes that my husband enjoyed. The setting was great and the service was great too. The location is in a good place, near the center by the market so that was convenient for us as well. Definitely worth a visit while you are in town!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

I had a wonderful brunch here. Eggs Benedict and grits were yummy; however, I did have to tell them the grits were cold. Also, noticed that they like to sit folks upstairs first. On a hot summer day, you'll want to be on the ground floor. The service was OK. I was the first person in the restaurant and the staff enjoyed mingling amongst themselves. I was left flagging someone down. All in all, I willnreturn . also, notice the beautiful paintings. The artist is Doyle.