“She Crab Soup”

Ranked #69 of 967 Restaurants in Charleston
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church Street and South Market
Description: SIMPLY LOWCOUNTRY: Lowcountry Bistro focuses only on the freshest ingredients since all of the food we cook is from scratch. On the menu you will find cult favorites like Chicken and Waffles to Lowcountry classics like Shrimp and Grits. We also believe that great food can be affordable. Many of our lunch dishes are under $10. Our goal as a restaurant is to serve high quality, delicious food, at a fair price. We hope you agree after your meal at Lowcountry Bistro. SISTER RESTAURANT TO 82 QUEEN As an icon of the city for over 30 years, we have seen restaurants come and go. We pride ourselves on the fact that we were one of the first original Lowcountry cuisine restaurants to open their doors in the city. We know Lowcountry and after diligently researching Market Street restaurants, have come to the conclusion that what the area needs is a true, authentic Lowcountry restaurant.
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Spent a nice afternoon on the balcony, had some nice drinks and sampled the famous She Crab soup. I had been waiting to try this soup for a while and was not disappointed. We had Jonathan for our server and he brought a local twist and was very informative

82Queen, Guest Relations Manager at Low Country Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you so much for dining with us at Lowcountry Bistro. We are so happy that you enjoyed your recent experience with us. We hope to see you again very soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,955)

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Our lunch was heavy, not very well cooked, and made my stomach hurt. The shrimp on the grits was good as well as the roasted tomato sauce. The grits were very heavy. The pork belly was dry and overlooked. It does not belong on top of a fried green tomato .Never had worse! The chicken and waffle was in edible. Maybe the Southern diet is the problem......it's heart attack food!

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Went here Saturday for lunch and was a little surprised at the variety of things to choose from for lunch specials which is a good thing. The food was very good but I think the helpful and knowledgeable staff really set this place apart from the many others to choose from in the area. We will be back next time we are in Charleston for sure.

82Queen, Guest Relations Manager at Low Country Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Thank you for visiting us at Lowcountry Bistro. We are so happy that you enjoyed your recent experience with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

My second time dining here and it was just as i expected, delicious! My family decided to start with the Fried Green Tomatoes and Fried Okra. Perfect beginning to a memorable meal. Our server had to help me with my final decision, it was nearly impossible to do on my own! I decided on the Chicken and Waffle. What a complement to each other, Chicken on top of a waffle? I am from the south and never thought of this concept! It was amazing! My family and I will be back for a third time very soon!

Thank you so much for dining with us at Lowcountry Bistro. We are so glad that you enjoyed our Chicken and Waffle dish! We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

As a local, I enjoy dining out in my own town. As a sister restaurant of 82 Queen, Low Country Bistro has an excellent partner to promote this relatively new eatery in downtown Charleston. Though my visit during Restaurant week was enjoyable, my return visit during Southeastern Wildlife Expo/ Valentine's Weekend was disappointing. After seeing an oyster special entre served at a nearby table, I asked the waiter to identify it, and I ordered it also. Unfortunately, when my entre arrived, it was HALF the portion of the one I'd seen. $25 for 11 little Appalachacola fried oysters, collards, and cheese grits. After, making our waiter aware of the difference in portion size, he apologized and sent the manager to our table. Instead of attempting to compensate for the small portion, she only offered an apology and then insulted my intelligence telling me that the other table may have ordered an extra side, making the entre look bigger. WRONG. All four of us saw the entre, and our only guess is that the kitchen was running low on the oysters and started cutting back on the portions. Don't get me wrong, the whole meal tasted very good, but don't bait and switch. And don't think that offering a desert is going to make up for it. Busy weekend or not, consistency in portion size shouldn't change. Furthermore, service and customer satisfaction should be equally important. Additionally, don't sit near the front door.....it won't close all the way, so if it's cold outside, it's cold inside. As for noise, it's a bistro, so that is somewhat expected, though it is a bit noisier than normal. Overall, not worth a return trip or recommendation.
Too bad our waiter Andrew's tip suffered due to a manager full of excuses.

Thank you for visiting Lowcountry Bistro during SEWE/Valentine's Day weekend. We are so pleased to read that you have visited us before, but are very sorry that your last experience did not live up to the first one. We do apologize for the inconsistency of the entrees ordered and the explanation you received. We pride our self in great customer service and we definitely did not do that on your visit. We appreciate your honesty and will address with our staff. We hope to have you visit us again at Lowcountry Bistro.