“Best Hush Puppies” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of LowCountry Bistro

LowCountry Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
LowCountry Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 895 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood, American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church Street and South Market
Description: SIMPLY LOWCOUNTRY: Lowcountry Bistro focuses only on the freshest ingredients since all of the food we cook is from scratch. On the menu you will find cult favorites like Chicken and Waffles to Lowcountry classics like Shrimp and Grits. We also believe that great food can be affordable. Many of our lunch dishes are under $10. Our goal as a restaurant is to serve high quality, delicious food, at a fair price. We hope you agree after your meal at Lowcountry Bistro. SISTER RESTAURANT TO 82 QUEEN As an icon of the city for over 30 years, we have seen restaurants come and go. We pride ourselves on the fact that we were one of the first original Lowcountry cuisine restaurants to open their doors in the city. We know Lowcountry and after diligently researching Market Street restaurants, have come to the conclusion that what the area needs is a true, authentic Lowcountry restaurant.
Alexandria, Minnesota, United States
“Best Hush Puppies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I visited with four adult family members and we shared tastes of each other's food and found everything to be really good but we all agreed the hush puppies were the best we had on our trip South. I think we had them at five different restaurants. We really liked the glaze which seemed to have a honey component.
Friendly and efficient service.

Visited February 2013

Topsail Beach, North Carolina, United States
“I was a little scared at first, but one bite was all it took!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

During a recent trip to Charleston, my husband and I were directed to the Lowcountry Bistro by a gentleman who sang your praises as one of the best eateries in town. After looking at the menu I have to admit that I was ready to go somewhere else; I didn't know what I wanted but I was pretty sure it wasn't on that menu. My husband encouraged me to try something new, so as I am perusing over the menu again I noticed shrimp and grits. Bleh! I had never eaten shrimp and grits, grits and eggs - all the time - shrimp, friend - but shrimp and grits with fried green tomatoes? Never. My interest was picked and so I went out on a limp and placed my order and boy am I glad I did. It was delicious and my taste buds were dancing all over the place with every bite. My husband ordered a french toast casserole with cheesy grits and it was every bit as good. We enjoyed sharing each others meal and hated that it was over when we were done! I could have eaten every meal there, it was absolutely delicious. Would love for you to open a restaurant in Wilmington, NC!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fort Myers, FL
“Can't wait to go back for more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

We visited this restaurant in a converted "single" house near the market as part of a Charleston Culinary Tour and were very impressed with the food, location, and service. One of the items served to us was fried chicken on a waffle. I have lived in the South most of my life and have never had fried chicken as good as theirs. The co-owner/manager, Patrick, made it very obvious that their goal is to serve authentic lowcountry fare of the highest quality. We will definitely make a dinner reservation at Low Country Bistro when we go back to Charleston.

Salisbury, Connecticut
“Awesome food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

While in Charleston we ate here twice, we liked it so much. Everything we ate was excellently prepared. The prices were reasonable, too. Try the po boy or the mahi mahi.

Williamsburg, Virginia
“Really, Really Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I always try and find eateries that you locals will go to when on vacation. This is definitely a place you should try. Everything is made fresh and right there with the full body, taste and flavor of the area, all at reasonable prices. Although not a robust menu, it is one that you will enjoy - sit out on the upstairs veranda, timing it with the southern sunset, and it's a win-win for everyone!