“Wonderful little restaurant hidden in a strip plaza”
Review of Odyssey - CLOSED

Odyssey
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Description: on urbanspoon.com
Description: on urbanspoon.com
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stumbled on this hidden gem while visiting Folly Beach. Their Pastitsio was wonderful, for those of you who dont't know it is a Greek pasta dish of ground beef, penne noodles, cheese with Greek spices topped with a delicate custard sauce! All the food we had was served warm and well prepared.
We ended our meal with a delicious rice pudding, with a nice cardamom flavor, and melt in our mouth baklava.

2  Thank Siri_in_Shanghai
There are newer reviews for Odyssey

Reviewed October 4, 2013

My mother and I ate here for lunch. My first clue should have been from the empty parking lot. We decided to share a Sampler Plate #2 ($11.95) with an extra small Greek salad ($3.95). The salads were indeed small but crisp and fresh. The dressing was very heavy on the vinegar and light on the olive oil.

Even though we said we were sharing we were not given an extra plate but when my mother saw the food she was reluctant to eat anyway. It did not look appetizing but dry and overcooked. The 1/4 chicken was a leg and thigh. We were not asked whether we wanted white or dark meat and my mother does not eat dark. The meat had that warmed over leftover taste, not freshly baked. The Gyros meat was so overcooked it was hard to cut, much less chew. The dolmas(stuffed grape leaves) seemed like they may have come from a jar as they had a slight pickled taste and were so mushy inside it was nauseating. Neither of us could eat them. The pita wedges looked grilled but had no oil or butter and were dry. The Greek potatoes were very large and an odd orange color. These again had that warmed over leftover taste. The best part of the meal was the tzatziki sauce. It was good, nice and thick.

When asked "How was your meal" what do you answer when it was all so badly prepared?

2  Thank Labpyra
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I had lunch here on 19 November 2012. This is a small, neat and very clean restaurant with a Mediterranean flare. I had the Gyro sandwich and my wife had the large Greek salad with Gyro meat. Both meals were very tasty. The Gyro is open faced with a FEW tomato bits and some onions; these were pretty skimpy, but the meat portion was quite generous and very good. The tatziki sauce was on the side and ample. My wife’s salad had a great dressing and was in fact large with several pitted Greek olives and a nice portion of tomato wedges (wish my Gyro would have had the same ratio!). Service was quick and very professional. This is a small operation, but very well done. I would recommend it, at least for lunch

3  Thank rossvlb
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My Fiancee and myself saw a sign for Odyssey Greek restaurant behind the Walgreens on Folly road, and as is the case when I see a new restaurant I get the itch to try it! I am already a huge fan of Greek food, and have sampled much of what the lowcountry has to offer in this line, but none of them come close to the value, most of the entrees ranged from 7.00 dollars to 15.00, and flavor that Odyssey has. The staff is very friendly and the decor is not over the top in fact it is very much what you might imagine a restaurant in Greece would actually look like. I had a sample platter to get a taste of some of my favorites and everything was dripping with delicious flavor! Their tzatziki sauce was excellent and if you like them, they have a selection of greek beer to complete the meal. My Fiancee had the chicken kabobs and was extremely pleased with them. They were by far some of the best I have tasted. Then to finish it off we had some of their homemade baclava. If you want a great dinner out make the trip and enjoy a trip to Greece.

2  Thank Seth66cat