“When in Charleston...”
Review of Macaroon Boutique

Macaroon Boutique
Ranked #9 of 18 Bakeries in Charleston
Good for: Special occasions
Description: Follow your nose to this authentic boutique. A mouthful of heaven, where all pastries are baked on premises, fresh and delicious. Open the door of this pastries' paradise in the heart of the Mazyck-Wraggborough neighborhood. So much love and talent in all that they are baking. Macaroon Boutique should be your first stop. Indulge yourself!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“When in Charleston...”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

you have to visit the Macaroon Boutique for excellent croissants and macaroons. This is Paris. No joke.

• Visited December 2011

Darlington, South Carolina, United States
“Oh là là C'est Magnifique!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Do you think their macaroons are the best? Wait until you try their croissants!. Fabrice and Fabienne really know what they are doing. If you have been in Paris you can confirm that you are eating the real French macaroons when you eat theirs, if you have not….do not worry, go to the Macaroon’s boutique and try…but you will get hooked. A friend recommended me this place after I try the macaroons at their daughter's b-day party. After that this became my favorite spot when I go to Charleston or when I plan a party….I ordered macaroons for my daughter’s last Parisian b-day party too and croissants.....the croissants never reached the party table…my family and I ate them all (30) the night before with dinner. They are délicieux! delicious!, they practically melt in your mouth, they are perfect!. This French-style bakery and pastry shop in uptown Charleston is worth visiting. Great service by their owners and great assortment of other french pastries.

• Visited March 2012
Lexington, Kentucky
“Beyond indulgent”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stopped in this shop after having lunch at the French restaurant down the street. The raspberry macaroon I purchased was amazing! It was the perfect consistency. I am completely addicted to these!

“In a zone of their own”
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

This is a wonderful bakery--the real stuff. We had chocolate almond croissants--more delicious than one could imagine. There are several bakery/dessert choices in Charleston. My wife and I consider this the finest of all

Toms River, New Jersey
“What a surprise!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Walking the streets of Charleston I stumbeled upon this place. Never expected an authentic French macaron shop here. I have had these at Pierre Hernes in Paris, Lauderee in NYC and even in Tahiti, but Charleston? Run by a nice French couple these macaroni are very good. A bit on the small side but MUCH less expensive than anywhere else I have had these. The chicolate and pistachio were especially good. I went back today due the second time....