“Chocolates Pretty Enough to Walk into the Nearby Louis Vuitton Store :)”

Christophe Patissier-Chocolatier
Ranked #3 of 18 Bakeries in Charleston
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: The story of Christophe Artisan Chocolatier-Patissier is, above all else, a story of love. A story that, at its core, is about one man's love for sharing his creations with others and his dedication to his French origins. Christophe Paume is the rarest of artisans, a third-generation French chocolatier, who grew up in his father's patisserie in Toulouse, France. Alongside his father, he learned to create exquisite French pastry, the highest quality chocolates, succulent gelato, and every type of bread imaginable. After attending the CFA de Muret, Christophe moved to Paris and worked at Entremet de France, refining his hand-painted, one-of-a-kind creations of dark,white, and milk chocolate ganache and chocolate truffles. For the next ten years, he continued to work in the family business and traveled to Montreal to work at Patisserie de Gascogne. He also achieved his Brevet de Maitrise, Master in Pastry. While it was his passion for fine chocolate that brought him to the United States, it was love that kept him here. In 2009, he married Carly, and they moved to Charleston SC and formed Christophe Artisan Chocolatier-Patissier.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Who goes to Starbucks when you can take a break from shopping on King Street at this locally owned find, with two floors of quiet nooks and a lovely patio? The owner does absolutely exquisite work with all his chocolates and pastries; I could close my eyes and pretend I were in a European village :) I had a cup of green tea and truffle and brought back a chocolate salted caramel bar for my hubs; all well received!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Had a hazelnut chocolate meringue which was divine! Two baguettes, which were also excellent. They only have french press coffee but it was surprisingly good, even for an espresso-only drinker like me.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Have been here twice this year on separate trips. Great almond croissant and very good coffee. Can't give 5 stars for a limited menu place, but ut is a 5 star pastry shop.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

In need of morning coffee, we happened upon the tiny store front of Christophe on our trip to the Farmer's Market. Upon entering, I was transported back to shops I've visited in Paris (and Quebec City.) Such a beautiful display of authentic French pastries! French press coffee was excellent, and worth the wait. The almond croissant was delicious--crispy on the outside and flaky rich almond-y goodness on the inside. We purchased a baguette upon departing, which will be the true test. I don't think I'll be disappointed! The handmade chocolates were gorgeous, and I look forward to purchasing them in the not so distant future.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have a some French blood and the Francophone in me went nuts when I walked into this shop. The pastry chef is legit!! Truly a Frenchmen in Charleston, SC. There service is efficient, but slow down and enjoy the experience. This is not Starbucks or Panera nonsense. Side note - Starbucks' pastries are terrible. Panera mass production is fair at best. Christophe's pastries and chocolate are out of this world.

We loved everything. The croissants were light, fresh and lovely. No butter had to be added it was that good. But I had to put some jam on them to truly be decadent. The chocolate croissants were the best I have ever had. The chocolate was incredible. We will be ordering chocolates for Christmas. The milk and dark chocolate were perfect - not too sweet and very creamy. I am not a coffee drinker, but everyone seemed to enjoy the coffee. The Hot Chocolate was terrific!

This is a must do in you are in Charleston. But I warn you, you will be spoiled unless you have something comparable to go to in your hometown.