“Great Little Chocolate Shop!”

Christophe Patissier-Chocolatier
Ranked #3 of 18 Bakeries in Charleston
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: The story of Christophe Artisan Chocolatier-Patissier is, above all else, a story of love. A story that, at its core, is about one man's love for sharing his creations with others and his dedication to his French origins. Christophe Paume is the rarest of artisans, a third-generation French chocolatier, who grew up in his father's patisserie in Toulouse, France. Alongside his father, he learned to create exquisite French pastry, the highest quality chocolates, succulent gelato, and every type of bread imaginable. After attending the CFA de Muret, Christophe moved to Paris and worked at Entremet de France, refining his hand-painted, one-of-a-kind creations of dark,white, and milk chocolate ganache and chocolate truffles. For the next ten years, he continued to work in the family business and traveled to Montreal to work at Patisserie de Gascogne. He also achieved his Brevet de Maitrise, Master in Pastry. While it was his passion for fine chocolate that brought him to the United States, it was love that kept him here. In 2009, he married Carly, and they moved to Charleston SC and formed Christophe Artisan Chocolatier-Patissier.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Awesome coffee, awesome chocolates, great pastries, and wonderful staff! The french press coffee is a wonderful complement to the wonderful little hand painted truffles and I had an awesome almond apple tart. I will most certainly be back at Christophe's soon! The value here is excellent and I can't wait to make my way through their whole menu of options. See you soon!

1  Thank Travel1776
There are newer reviews for Christophe Patissier-Chocolatier

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Another place we do not miss visiting Charleston, and as good or better than any I have visited in France and Belgium. Everything is good that we have tried, especially the macaroons and anything dark chocolate with sea salt.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This little french shop was a nice spot for a quick, light breakfast. The almond croissant was really tasty. It's topped with almonds and powered sugar and has an almond creme spread in the middle. Sadly we did not buy any chocolates, but they looked amazing!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We went here for lunch based on some ta reviews. However, they only have three types of sandwiches and one Quiche . BE WARNED! THEY CANNOT WARM UP ANYTHING, THEY CANNOT GIVE YOU A PAPER PLATE, AND THEY CANNOT EVEN CUT YOUR SANDWICH because THEY DO NOT HAVE A FOOD SERVICE LICENSE TO DO SO.
After struggling with the sandwich had desserts. I loved the pastry but the chocolate was just OK for a specialty shop. I have had better. I took more pastry home to eat later.

1  Thank qwerty613
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Having been raised in France, I gravitate to anything that sounds remotely like I might find some of the foods I grew up loving. So before leaving Charleston, we made one last stop at Christophe Patissier. Were it not for the 90+ heat that day, I might have been tempted by the chocolates and some of the traditional French pastry desserts - they looked amazing, but I knew they'd end up a pool of chocolate in the bottom of my box if I took them to go. I settled on the pain au chocolat (a smaller version than the usual) and a slice of almond apple tart. Both survived the heat and were just the close I needed to our perfect day in Charleston.