“Good pastry, avoid lunch”

Christophe Patissier-Chocolatier
Ranked #3 of 18 Bakeries in Charleston
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: The story of Christophe Artisan Chocolatier-Patissier is, above all else, a story of love. A story that, at its core, is about one man's love for sharing his creations with others and his dedication to his French origins. Christophe Paume is the rarest of artisans, a third-generation French chocolatier, who grew up in his father's patisserie in Toulouse, France. Alongside his father, he learned to create exquisite French pastry, the highest quality chocolates, succulent gelato, and every type of bread imaginable. After attending the CFA de Muret, Christophe moved to Paris and worked at Entremet de France, refining his hand-painted, one-of-a-kind creations of dark,white, and milk chocolate ganache and chocolate truffles. For the next ten years, he continued to work in the family business and traveled to Montreal to work at Patisserie de Gascogne. He also achieved his Brevet de Maitrise, Master in Pastry. While it was his passion for fine chocolate that brought him to the United States, it was love that kept him here. In 2009, he married Carly, and they moved to Charleston SC and formed Christophe Artisan Chocolatier-Patissier.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We went here for lunch based on some ta reviews. However, they only have three types of sandwiches and one Quiche . BE WARNED! THEY CANNOT WARM UP ANYTHING, THEY CANNOT GIVE YOU A PAPER PLATE, AND THEY CANNOT EVEN CUT YOUR SANDWICH because THEY DO NOT HAVE A FOOD SERVICE LICENSE TO DO SO.
After struggling with the sandwich had desserts. I loved the pastry but the chocolate was just OK for a specialty shop. I have had better. I took more pastry home to eat later.

1  Thank qwerty613

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Having been raised in France, I gravitate to anything that sounds remotely like I might find some of the foods I grew up loving. So before leaving Charleston, we made one last stop at Christophe Patissier. Were it not for the 90+ heat that day, I might have been tempted by the chocolates and some of the traditional French pastry desserts - they looked amazing, but I knew they'd end up a pool of chocolate in the bottom of my box if I took them to go. I settled on the pain au chocolat (a smaller version than the usual) and a slice of almond apple tart. Both survived the heat and were just the close I needed to our perfect day in Charleston.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

After living in France for a stint, I'm always on the look out for authentic patisseries and oh wow, what a wonderous gem this place is. My favorite are french macaroons and they have quite the selection from praline to earl grey tea...they were insanely good (the best was vanilla in my opinion). We tried their canelles, tender and rich as well as the perfectly balanced cinnamon cookie. We also tried a chicken pesto baguette, it was pretty good but paled in comparison to the sweet treats. Lastly, I am a fan of sea salt carmel anything and their sea salt carmel chocolates were so delicious they almost brought tears to my eyes. The service was friendly and the shop itself is beautiful. When we return to Charleston, this place will be our first stop!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Seriously. I have not stopped thinking about this adorable little chocolate shop since I went last week. My husband and I stopped in after reading the reviews and could not have been more delighted. He got the chocolate drink and an almond croissant, while I tried out five or six of their chocolate truffles. They were incredible. Oh my goodness, especially the lavender-flavored one... again, the stuff of dreams. The whole thing was a step above the normal "candy store"- instead their selections showed an understanding of the intricacies and subtleties of truly good chocolates. I only wish I could go back regularly! Perhaps I'll find something similar in my hometown (although I doubt it). Stop by! You won't regret it.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This was my second time back to the shop! Once again they had great pastries and great service. I had the chocolate almond croissant and it was delicious. I wish I lived closer to the shop so I could go here more often. If you don't stop in here while in Charleston you will miss something amazing and delicious!