“Best in charleston”

Market Pavilion Hotel
Ranked #8 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

This hotel rocks ... Kamden Huckabee the bartender in the lobby bar is the best . She was so helpful on where to go and what to do in charleston ! The entire staff rocks ! Best place to stay in charleston '

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Mstimbo
Peter W, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the Market Pavilion Hotel. I am so pleased you enjoyed the services of our bartender Kamden at the Grill 225 Bar and all the staff. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

The hotel is beautiful, perfectly situated and offers charming, Southern-comfort optional amenities, but for us its great draw, after our four-night stay last week, is its people. Every employee we met, not the least the housekeeping staff (in other hotels so often rushed and overtaxed), could not have been more pleasant or accommodating. Special thanks in particular to concierge Kim Kent, who, even before our arrival, served up wise, big-hearted, good-natured, even hilarious advice about where to eat and what to see; Kamden Huckabee, genial genius mixologist at the lobby bar, and Shea Peden, the bellman who greeted us when the taxi spilled us out at curbside and then popped up from time to time to check on us throughout our stay. We didn't feel like guests; we felt as if we were making new friends. If we could, we would go back tomorrow.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting your kind review and staying with us at the Market Pavilion Hotel. I am so pleased that you had such a great time and took the time to acknowledge some of our staff members. We pride yourselves on the level of service provided to all our guest and want to make you feel like this is your second home. We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

This is another "must do" when you're in Charleston. Nothing like walking through the straw market and shops along the way, then turn the corner and take the elevator up to the rooftop for lunch & libations. Great view of Charleston, inventive food & drinks and I love just watching that pool shoot water up in the air!

I've never actually been a guest in this hotel but I never miss the opportunity to go here at least once during my visits. Very relaxing, very chic but also very fun.

And the bartender remembered us from our last trip!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank GypsyAtLast

Thank you for joining us at the Pavilion Bar, high atop the Market Pavilion Hotel. I am so pleased you enjoyed the cocktails, view and atmosphere. I love your description and would hope you would stay with us on your next visit to Charleston. Thank you also for posting your review.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Loved our stay at the Market Pavilion. A must is a visit to the rooftop bar before heading out for dinner and take the advice of the fantastic concierge Susanne Cohen for her wonderful tips on restaurants and places to visit while in the beautiful city of Charleston. She is a wealth of knowledge and incredibly helpful in anything one might need. When I arrived home and unpacked the following day, I realized I had left my iPad in our hotel room and called the hotel. I was transferred to none other than Suzanne and within 10 minutes she had called me back with the great news that she had my iPad and would FedEx it to me. Thanks also to housekeeping for their honorable actions. Outstanding service from an outstanding concierge!! I look forward to my next visit and will definitely be staying at Market Pavilion Hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Emalita C

Thank you for being our guest at the Market Pavilion Hotel. I am so pleased that you had a wonderful stay and were able to enjoy the Pavilion Bar. I also appreciate you acknowledging Susanne our concierge which I will share your comments, which I am sure she will appreciated. I also glad we were able to get your IPad back to you and look forward to staying with us on your next visit to Charleston. Thank you for posting your review.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We spent a long weekend at MPH for our wedding anniversary. I travel a lot for business and MPH stacked up against all other hotels, including some very nice hotels in Paris. We had a concierge level room and thoroughly enjoyed AJ's great service and conversation. The rooftop bar provides great views and everyone on the staff was friendly. The hotel is in a great location surrounded by fantastic restaurants. We hope to come back again one of these days!

Room Tip: Concierge is pricey but offers some great amenities
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim O

Thank you for joining us for your long wedding anniversary weekend. As being a seasoned traveler, I very much appreciate your comments and insights. I am also glad you enjoyed the Pavilion Bar and the service of our entire team. We look forward to you return and thank you again for the kind comments of “Great Hotel”

Reviewed June 8, 2014

One of the family of the "Leading Hotels of the World".
I've stayed in some of the hotels belonging to this group and all have been wonderful (or if not accommodating to make changes to become so.)
This hotel is located in downtown Charleston and is ideal of sightseeing and just wandering around the town.
Service was great and the staff will do almost anything you request.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms have only one sink and you may want to upgrade to a suite.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Richard A
Peter W, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the Market Pavilion Hotel. As being a proud member of the Leading Hotels of the World, we are so glad you choose us and found the service and staff great. We hope to see you again in the near future and thank you for sharing your kind comments with us.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Charming boutique hotel in the perfect location, within walking distance of historic Charleston and many great restaurants. Our second room (the first room was dark overlooking the concrete car park) was lovely having two windows and a Juliet balcony which gave plenty of natural light. Beautiful large bathroom with bath and separate large shower. The $50 per day vouchers were an added bonus which we used in the rooftop restaurant and also at the excellent 225 Grill for dinner on our second night. There was a complimentary help yourself Continental breakfast on each floor with lovely croissants and Danish pastries. We were impressed on the first night when we returned to our room to find a lovely "turn down service" with clean towels and toweling robes and slippers placed on our bed. Expecting this on our second night, when we returned to our room we found our used wet towels where we left them and no turn down service, we were extremely disappointed. The following day we spoke to the manager who apologized and gave us entry to the Concierge Level for afternoon tea and a larger breakfast as an apology. All the staff were helpful and friendly as was everyone we met in Charleston. We would certainly recommend this hotel and would return here ourselves.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking East Bay Street have good views and more light.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diane M

Thank you for writing your review and staying with us at the Market Pavilion Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our location and that you were able to use your $50.00 food and beverage voucher at the Pavilion Bar and also enjoyed your dining experience at Grill 225. I must apologize once again regarding the turn down service and this has been addressed by to the entire housekeeping department and the executive housekeeper. I am glad we were able to provide you access to the concierge lounge and thank you for your kind recommendation. We hope to see you and would like to welcome you back home.