“fantastic stay: luxury and service”

Market Pavilion Hotel
Ranked #9 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Fort Myers, FL
“fantastic stay: luxury and service”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My wife and I staying for one night and had a great experience. We were upgraded to a deluxe room on the concierge level. The staff was extremely accommodating and responsive to every request. Room as amazing: large, clean, upscale and luxurious with a huge bathroom.
Friendly staff on concierge floor and perfect location for all the restaurants on east bay street.
We will be back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter W, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for being our guest at the Market Pavilion Hotel, we are so pleased that you were able to experience the concierge level of our hotel and the many benefits which we offer. I am glad you also enjoyed the accommodations, the cleanliness of our hotel. I will share your kind comments with the team and look forward to your return visit. Thank you once again for sharing your kind comments with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Portsmouth, RI
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about our recent stay at this property. The location could not have been better. Did not need a car for the downtown area. All shops/restaurants within easy/reasonable walking distance. Hotel is spotless. Treat yourself to the Concierge level! Worth the extra money. Hot buffet breakfast in the AM, afternoon tea, Happy Hour(s) with snacks in the early evening. Every staff member is professional and courteous. Special recognition goes to bartenders Kamden, Dave, Cheryl and Junior. The concierge(s) Akshaya, Susanne and Kimberly were almost TOO pleasant and helpful if such a thing is possible. Front desk staff very accomodating. Rooftop pool and bar with excellent views of the surrounding area. Did not have a change to dine on the roof, but the food I saw pass by looked wonderful. Great vibe after the sun goes down. If we return to Charleston it will be to go to spot! Treat yourself if you ever visit!!!!

Room Tip: Ask the desk for a room facing the street or water if available.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter W, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us and being our guest at the Market Pavilion Hotel. We are very fortunate to be in the best location in Charleston. I am glad you had a good experience at the Pavilion Bar and I will share your kind comments with the entire team. I am also glad that you enjoyed the concierge level of the hotel and the many amenities which are offered to all our guests staying on that level. We thank you again and hope to see you again very soon.
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

We are overwhelmingly impressed with the service from the doorman to the maid service. Each floor is keyed for privacy. The decor is welcoming and comfortable. The bellman reviewed all elements and procured ice for out water. Staying on the concierge level was remarkable. Kim Kent welcomed us at tea and for evening Champagne. She provided tremendous insight into Charleston and made us feel at home. The concierge, Suzanne was extremely helpful in planning and patiently changing our schedule. Peter Wright, the General Manager was gracious and present literally everywhere. He attended to one request immediately and followed up to be absolutely certain our experience was exceptional. He is the most involved manager I have ever experienced in a hotel. His involvement is evident in all aspects. I have no criticisms and that says a lot.
We also dined on the rooftop restaurant wil wonderful views and great ambiance.

Dinner at Grill 225 was exceptional. The wet aged beef was tender and flavorful. It was indeed all it is noted to be. Brandon Campbell was an experienced waiter with excellent wine recommendations for dinner. The sides were incredible and desserts were superb. Brandon was gracious, knowledgeable and engaging. We had a local guest join us for dinner as a local and she was delighted to return here for dinner.

The overall experience was 5 star and we will certainly return whenever we are in Charleston. We also loved the breakfast on the concierge level and especially the cookies and pastries. You are staying in a home with a family experience.. The diversity of newspapers were appreciated as well as the evening wine selections.

You can't go wrong with this experience and a value for the level of service and attention to detail. Rarely have I found this unique level of service in leading hotels.

The Hermes shampoos, lotions and soaps were unexpected and welcomed. The beds and bedding were so comfortable.

Congratulations to the Market Pavilion!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
First, please allow me to thank you for staying with us at the Market Pavilion Hotel. I very much appreciate you taking the time to submit such a comprehensive review. As being a seasoned traveler and being a senior contributor on TripAdvisor we very much value your input and comments. By staying on our concierge level of the hotel, I am so pleased you were able to enjoy the extra benefits which and yes the great desserts by our Executive Pastry Chef Mr. Gerry Elliot. I will share you kind comments with the entire team. We look forward to you staying with us again when your travel plans bring you back to Charleston.
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This hotel right next to the open air market has true southern charm and all the comforts and amenities you would expect in this city. Great rooftop bar. excellent restaurant. Stayed here twice, wonderful experience!

Room Tip: I always like higher
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Michele N
Peter W, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for being our guest and staying with us on business at the Market Pavilion Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our location and the Pavilion Bar. We are also honored that you are a repeat guest and sharing your wonderful experience with us. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back home.
Greenville SC
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed for 4 days and the place was perfect. Everyone remembered our names and what we we doing. They even catered to our late night cigar smoking on the roof. I am looking forward to staying there again. It is a pricey place but I will definitely make some concessions to be walking distance to everything.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us at the Market Pavilion hotel for 4 days. I very much appreciate you sharing your kind comments with us . As we know you have many options in Charleston, we value you as our guest. Thank you also for joining us at the Pavilion Bar. I am so glad our team remembered your names and could accommodate your cigar needs. We look forward to you return and thank you once again.
Northborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We enjoyed our 5 night stay at this Hotel. It is in a busy central location in town which is walking to Shopping, the Waterfront Park area, and more resturant options than we could sample. We stayed on the Concierge level and were treated to superb service without the snobby attitude which sometimes accompanies higher end botique hotels . Greeted every morning by a hot and cold breakfast, tea and sandwiches in the afternoon, wine and cheese in the evening. The staff on the 4th floor were warm, engaging individuals who always offered to go above and beyond what is expected. We ate at several fine dining resturants, Husk and The Charleston Grill and found them to both be worth the experiance and cost. On the more casual side, we loved the oysters and shrimp offerings at a cute little bar/resturant named Pearls just a quick walk from the hotel.

Room Tip: THE FOURTH FLOOR,(CONCIERGE LEVEL) was quiet and a great spot to come home to.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and being our guest for 5 nights at the Market Pavilion Hotel. We very much appreciate your kind comments and are pleased you enjoyed the many amenities of the concierge level of the hotel. It seems like you were able to also enjoy the many dining options that this fabulous city of Charleston has to offer. I am also glad that you felt like your floor was quiet and a great spot to come home to. Looking forward to your next visit to Charleston and you staying with us.
Amed, Indonesia
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I should start off by stating that I'm a Platinum for life by Marriott - so travel quite a bit. I read an article on CNN and decided to step away from Marriott and stay here for one night on a trip to Charleston. The hotel is absolutely stunning. I give it 5 stars when it comes to decor, cleanliness etc. The room I got was beautiful until I opened the curtains and was eye level with the 2nd floor parking deck!! I hate keeping my curtains closed but felt like I was in a fishbowl and had to. I should have asked for another room but I didn't. We did have drinks up on the roof but the menu was so limited and I don't like the plastic glasses so we went downstairs. Clearly a top notch restaurant. Our food was excellent but I think they need to get some more mature servers. They would take our chilled sparkling water and fill our glasses to the brim...whats the point of chilling it if you are going to pour it all out and let it get warm in our glass. I know this sounds like a minor complaint but there were many little things like that...when you pay the prices here you want exceptional service. Would I stay here again? Probably but I would request a room that wasn't on the parking deck.

Room Tip: Make sure its not looking out on the parking deck if you are on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends