1,627 results
All reviewsthe concierge levelrooftop barpeter wrighthermes toiletriescoffee and pastriesturn down serviceevery morningthe general managereast bay streetbeautiful hotelconcierge desksouthern hospitalityguest roomsluxury hotelcookiesthe location is perfectlate afternoon
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I would Recommend this hotel to all my friends! It's was great! Location awesome, service wonderful, rooftop bar and restaurant marvelous.!! I can't wait to go back!! The pastries for breakfast are out of this world.. Grill 225 best service I think I've ever had in charleson, yes it's pricey but you get large portions and great food.. I don't know how people could write a negative review on this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013
Peter W, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Thank you for sharing such kind comments with us and offering to recommend the Market Pavilion Hotel to your friends. I am so pleased you enjoyed the Pavilion Bar and the food and service of Grill 225. I will also share your nice comments with our entire team and would hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

This was our first visit to this hotel and we will definitely plan on returning. The location was perfect and conveniently located near all of our favorite places in Charleston.
The entire staff, from valet attendants to the front desk were extremely friendly and professional. We added an additional night to our stay, which involved us having to change rooms. The staff made this move effortless for us, moving our belongings while we were sightseeing.
Both of the rooms we had were beautiful and very spacious.
Definitely worth the extra cost for the concierge level. I could write an entire review about Melissa, our parlor concierge. She went above and beyond to ensure that each guest felt welcome and comfortable. The breakfast and cocktail reception was better than most we have experienced, but Melissa really took the ammenity to the next level!
The Roof Top bar is phenominal and staff Jr, Cheryl, and Dave made our evening extra fun. Obviously this hotel has a very high standard for finding just the right people to represent them.
Charleston is one of my favorite places, and the Market Pavillion is my new Favorite place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Market Pavilion Hotel. I am very proud that you enjoyed the service of all our staff and I will share your kind comments with them. It is great that you enjoyed the services of our concierge attendant and the benefits of the concierge level. It’s great that you enjoyed the Pavilion Bar and the phenomenal service of Jr., Cheryl and Dave as you mentioned. We pride ourselves on our delivering you with only the finest level of service. I look forward to your return visit and very happy to make the Market Pavilion Hotel your favorite place in Charleston.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

The hotel looks nice, room is large and comfortable. However, the bathroom has the smell of backed up sewer. I called the front desk, they have no other room available and offered maintenance for the next morning. It did not matter to me since I was checking out the next day. I closed the bathroom door overnight, and it stank badly in the morning. The front desk lady was indifferent when we checked out. This feels like a motel service, definitely not worth the price.

2  Thank Jing Z

First allow me to apologize for any odor in your room. I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and it’s nice to know that you did enjoy your room and the hotel. I was not aware of your situation and want you to be assured that you are very important to us as a guest and do not want to you feel that the proper attention was not given. I would like to discuss with you if possible, please contact the hotel at your convenience and look forward to your call.

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is fantastic and we really had a great time while my wife and I were here. Make sure to stay on the fourth floor so that you can take advantage of the breakfast, tea time and the evening happy hour complementary on the concierge level. This makes all the difference. The restaurant, 225, which is located downstairs is incredible. The atmosphere on the fifth level (Pavilion) rooftop bar is second to none. Visiting the restaurant and rooftop bar is great but staying here is wonderful. Make sure to make this hotel the cornerstone of your next trip to Charleston!!!

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us at the Market Pavilion Hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed the services and many benefits of our concierge level and the friendliness of our staff. I will share your kind comments with Melissa and the entire team. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I am a member of the Leading Hotels of the World and this paid for membership is worth every cent. The hotels are all quite pricey worldwide but I find them to be the finest of the finest.
This hotel is no exception. It is, quite frankly, one of the top 2 or 3 hotels I have ever experienced in my entire life. This is Four Seasons style service and no stone is unturned on this property.
From the moment you are greeted by the elegant staff to the luxurious rooms that await you, you will not be disappointed.
We stayed on the concierge level and I highly recommend it. Every day a sumptuous breakfast awaits you in the lounge area of this floor, staffed by the most well trained and gracious staff. In addition, they have an afternoon tea service and nightly wine and snack service. All of this is of the highest caliber.
The rooms are a feast of relaxation and everything is of highest quality...the beds, the linens, the amenities...all of it is pure perfection.
The location is the best of the best. Easy access to everything in short walks.
Grill 225 is a wonderful restaurant.
The worst part about this property? Leaving. I hated to say goodbye.
Is it expensive? Yes. But worth every penny.