1,627 results
All reviewsthe concierge levelrooftop barpeter wrighthermes toiletriescoffee and pastriesturn down serviceevery morningthe general managereast bay streetbeautiful hotelconcierge desksouthern hospitalityguest roomsluxury hotelcookiesthe location is perfectlate afternoon
Reviewed April 22, 2013

A first but not last visit to this lovely hotel in a FOODIE city. My husband and I were spoiled by Melissa Lockwood, parlor concierge...her friendly smile, knowledge of city and attention to detail were helpful to our Charleston experience. A truly wonderful and friendly staff!!

Room Tip: request room away from elevators
Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter W, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for being our guest at the Market Pavilion Hotel and sharing your experience. I am very happy that you enjoyed your experience on the Concierge Level and were pleased with our team. I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I recently spent one night at the Market Pavilion. The room was nicer than I expected. I did not look out of the window when we checked in since we were going out for the evening. However, I did look out the window in the morning and found to my surprise that our second floor room was on the same level as a small parking lot that also had a large commercial air conditioner. There was no view at all except for the cars! It was very strange looking out on the parking lot. We met Mr. Wright, the manager, during lunch at the hotel. He was kind enough to invite us to the cocktail hour and breakast on the 4th floor. The breakfast selections were terrific and Mellisa the hostess was very helpful. I would return to this hotel, but I would check the room including the view before unpacking.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter W, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for being our guest at the Market Pavilion Hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I apologize for the view, but as you know we are city hotel and some rooms have interior views. It was a pleasure meeting you and I hope we will see you again soon. Thank you for sharing your comments with us.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

From the time we arrived until we left we were treated royally. The entire staff was eager to meet our every need. Our stay on the concierge floor was a great experience especially because of Melissa Lockhart who treated us like family. She not only served as hostess but gave us tips on what to see and do. Market Pavilion is fortunate to have Melissa!
Market Pavilion is in the perfect location. It is close to the waterfront, the market and great restaurants!
We hope to return to Charleston and will look forward to staying on the concierge floor at the Market Pavilion!

• Stayed: April 2013
Peter W, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for sharing such kind comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Market Pavilion Hotel. It is very important to our entire team to provide you with the best possible service and guest experience. I will share your comments with Melissa, I know she will be very pleased. I am also glad you enjoyed the location of the hotel which is in the heart of the historic district and within walking distance to all shops and restaurants. We look forward to you returning very soon. Thank you once again.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful trip to Charleston to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. The Market Pavilion Hotel was the perfect place to celebrate! It was close to everything we wanted to explore! We loved our meal at Grill 225 as well as appetizers and drinks by the pool on the rooftop bar. It was definitely worth it to stay on the concierge level. Melissa was the perfect hostess and made or trip extra special! Hope to return in the near future and cannot imagine not staying at the Market Pavilion Hotel!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for sharing your 10th Wedding Anniversary with us at the Market Pavilion Hotel. I am so happy you were able to enjoy your dining experience at Grill 225 and the drinks at the Pavilion Bar high atop the hotel. I know Melissa works very hard to make each and every guest feel very special. We look forward to your return and thank you for sharing your kind comments with us.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I am a bit conflicted by my overall experience with the Market Pavilion Hotel. Let me start off with the pros. The hotel has a wonderful location situated near the market and some great restaurants and bars. The hotel is at a walking distance from all of the major sites and is a great exploring point. During our stay, the hotel provided a $50 voucher for each night. This can be used at any of the hotel's bars/restaurants (not sure about the spa because we did not use it). The hotel has a fantastic rooftop bar/restaurant which has excellent views so I would highly recommend to at least have a drink at the rooftop bar. We opted for a room at the concierge level (4th floor) and that was a great experience. There is a common area/lounge on the 4th floor which hosts breakfast (grits, eggs, baked goods, potatoes, bacon, etc.), afternoon snacks and tea, and a 2 hour cocktail with beer, wine, and champagne every single day. The staff at the concierge level was very nice and will tend to your every need. (Drinks were filled up generously). You will also find coffee, tea, bottled waters, soft drinks, fruits and small snacks in the concierge lounge at all hours of the day, free of charge. The rooms at the concierge level were also very clean and comfortable. The hotel bar downstairs had a nice atmosphere for a drink.

Now for the cons. The hotel is VERY pricey. We paid about $500/night (we stayed during New Years Eve weekend) and for that amount of money you would expect a spectacular room. There was nothing spectacular about our room. It was simply an ordinary, clean, and comfortable room that would normally run no more than $200/night. The pricey room rate pressured us to spend more time in the hotel than what we normally would because we wanted to take advantage of the hotel perks and get the most bang out of the $500 bucks a night. Typically, I don't like to feel chained to a hotel, but we ended up spending much more time at this hotel trying to find inventive ways to spend the $50 voucher. We ended up having lunch at the restaurant located at their lobby. Service at the downstairs restaurant was "eh" and the food was just ok. Another issue we had was that we requested a late checkout on the day of our departure. The front desk told us they could not provide us with a late check out because they were filled to capacity and needed to turn over our room right away. They did not even give us an extra half hour. We later discovered that the hotel was NOT in fact filled to capacity. Unfortunately our flight was cancelled and so when we went to see if they had any rooms available for one more night, the front desk advised us that they had an abundance of rooms available comparable to the ones we stayed at. If they had so many rooms available, why couldn't the hotel provide us with the late check out? This was very off putting, particularly with the amount of money we paid per night.

Although the hotel was nice and was in a great location, we do not believe that it is worth its value. Next time I visit Charleston, I will try to stay somewhere cozier, like a B&B. This hotel would be worth it if their prices were more reasonable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joey-Luly
Peter W, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

First, let me begin by thanking you for staying with us at the Market Pavilion Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed staying on our concierge level and receiving all the benefits which we provide all our guests on that level. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the Pavilion Bar, our service, food and drinks which are served high atop the hotel. It seems you also liked your accommodations and trying to find inventive ways to spend your extra benefit of $50.00 per night, which could be used in Grill 225, the Grill Bar or the Pavilion Bar. I apologize about not exceeding your expectation regarding the level of service and the food just being “ok” as we do not receive many of those comments. I do not see any record of this being brought to the attention of your server or management. I can assure you that we would have accommodated you with other options to exceed your expectations and to provide you with the utmost dining experience. With reference to your late checkout, I must apologize but during your visit we were fully committed on the 31st, not sure of your departure day but we do try to accommodate guests with special needs for delayed or canceled flights. As you know the entire city of Charleston is sold out during New Years and we are competitive in our pricing with all the other Luxury Hotels. I wish you would have contacted me or management sooner to discuss as we are now in April almost May. I do value your business and would be happy welcome you back to provide you with the value that you are looking for and gain your confidence in all our services. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with me and we do hope to see you again in the future.