$399
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $444/night.

The Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$269
  • Pool
King Charles Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$269
$219
$199
$224
$204
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$127
HIExpress.com
French Quarter Inn(Charleston)
$489
$449
  • Breakfast included
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$149
The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$359
$309
Priceline
  • Restaurant
1,619 results
All reviewsthe concierge levelrooftop barpeter wrighthermes toiletriescoffee and pastriesturn down serviceevery morningthe general managerhotel guestseast bay streetbeautiful hotelconcierge desksouthern hospitalityguest roomsluxury hotelcookiesthe location is perfect
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The rooftop pool and restaurant make this the place to stay if relaxation is your goal. Rooms are very nice, service is outstanding. I would not recommend using the valet parking- a 45 minute wait. But there is a municipal garage nearby. Lunch poolside is a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JackA5
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the hotel. I am pleased you found the service to be outstanding and that you enjoyed the Pavilion Bar. I do apologize however, regarding the wait for your vehicle. Unfortunately, due to the amount of cars in the garage during your visit, we did have short wait time. Calling down as far in advance as possible to have a vehicle brought out is always a good idea. That is not a typical occurrence and I am sorry for the inconvenience.
We do appreciate you choosing the Market Pavilion Hotel and hope we may have the opportunity to serve you again. Thank you.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

My children and I stayed for 3 nights in Market Pavilion and we were disappointed. We like to work out when We go on vacation and the fitness room had 2 treadmills and one was broken. It had one set of weights (adjustable) and that was broken. I reported it the first day we were there and also the second day and it was never repaired. I asked if they had a sister hotel with a gym we could use since nothing was working and we were told no, but there is a gym you can pay $10 dollars a day and go to. We were early for check in and told our room was not ready,totally understandable so we left our cell phone number and went on our way, at 4 pm still no phone call. We went back to the desk and they said "we didnt call because its not ready" then checked and changed their mind. We were charged $20 a day for valet and I cant tell you how many time I had to circle the block because of cars in front of the hotel and nobody parking them and no place to pull over out of the way of traffic. Maybe none of the things I mentioned are "terrible" they are extremely disappointing for a $330 a night hotel. I would not recommend this hotel. There are many others.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pia58
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you for your candor. I am sorry you had a problem when you first drove up to the hotel. July 4th was a very busy day and unfortunately, like so many downtown hotels, there can be some congestion on the street due to the high number of arrivals. I apologize for your inconvenience in the health club. There is no excuse for the equipment not to be working as they have just been purchased. I have discussed that issue with my staff. There is no question that the high number of arrivals on a busy holiday can create some challenges. However, I can assure you that is not typical of service provided by the Market Pavilion Hotel. We would like the opportunity to regain your confidence and hope when your travels bring you back to Charleston, you will call me directly so I can personally see to your reservations. Thank you for choosing the Market Pavilion Hotel, we look forward to the chance of serving you again.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We have stayed at the Market Pavilion numerous times and are amazed that with every stay we become even more satisfied and in love with the place. This boutique hotel does not leave any detail to chance right down to the Hermes bath products furnished in the bathrooms. The rooms are are very comfortable and elegantly decorated and the bathrooms are all marble and granite completing the luxurious feel. Occasionally for a real treat we have stayed in one of the rooms with the huge jacuzzi tub almost as large as a small personal pool. The roof top with it's beautiful view and pool makes you feel like you are in a resort while being right in the heart of downtown Charleston. The roof top restaurant is simply delightful for a drink, lunch, dinner or a late night dessert or cocktail. We've used it for all of these. The lobby is magnificent with its huge ceilings and marble floor. The lovely wooden lobby bar and the wine display behind it feel very cosmopolitan. Grill 225 in the lobby is sophisticated and elegant with it's elegant decor. We sat in one of the large round wooded booths which made for a very intimate dinner. We had the Oysters Rockefeller for an appetizer, which were divine, along with prime fillets for our main course. The waiters in their white jackets were very attentive while not hovering. The elegant and sophisticated atmosphere and food at Grill 225 is the best we've experienced in Charleston. Market Pavilion is a magical oasis in heart of busy Charleston. We cannot wait to make our next visit.

Room Tip: It well worth upgrading to the Concierge level in order to access the Concierge lounge. It is always well stocked with beverages and food, especially the delightful breakfast.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rox P
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words. It sounds as though you enjoyed the entire experience. I know our staff will be pleased to know that you had such an exceptionally grand visit. I am also pleased you enjoyed Grill 225. We have the best service staff in Charleston and I am glad they made the meal so very special for you. Thank you for considering the Market Pavilion Hotel to be the magical oasis in Charleston. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

My husband has stayed at the Market Pavilion numerous times on business, and he always raved about the hotel. After his last stay, he was charged for a bathrobe and hair dryer. When he called to report that these charges were a mistake, he was accused of lying. Only after a conversation with the manager, the charges were dropped. He decided to give the hotel one more chance, and he and two colleagues stayed the past two nights. (Our children and I stayed this time, as well.) They were meeting with a few business associates and decided to use one of the tables in the bar area to conduct their meetings, all the while ordering breakfast, lunch, drinks, etc. They were very rudely interrupted by the hotel manager in front of the individuals they were meeting with and were told that they'd have to rent a meeting room. Everyone felt that this was extremely unreasonable--they never occupied more than one table, they were essentially paying for six nights in the hotel, and they ordered food and beverages thoughout the entire day. Also, the lobby bar was never crowded to the point where anyone else was waiting for a table. On another note, the hotel room we stayed in was never replenished with water or toiletries during our entire stay. We called twice for toiletries, and after the second time, someone brought conditioner and lotion, no body wash or shampoo. Everyone felt like the service was very sloppy and unaccomodating.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank HECDLC
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Thank you for your candor. I am sorry for the misunderstanding, on your room charges. We do however; offer 2 complimentary bottles of water, and like many other hotels, additional bottles can be purchased through our In Room Dining Department. I do apologize for the toiletries not being replenished. I will certainly discuss that with our housekeeping dept. That is not typical of our service and should not have been overlooked. However, I must say that I was the individual that spoke to your group and at no time was I rude. We actually had a guest that asked why interviews were being conducted in the lobby, and typically when a group is holding a meeting or interviews as you were, they rent a meeting or boardroom. Because anyone could potentially walk into the hotel and begin to hold an unauthorized meeting; is why I simply asked a few questions. When it was determined it would only last till mid afternoon I simply thanked you and suggested that next time perhaps your intentions could be communicated prior to the event. This to ensure that area will not be reserved for another function as well to make sure it would even be available for your use. It would be similar to me bringing in a group of my managers and conducting a meeting in the lobby of your office. Because we had no prior notice, my intent was to inquire who you were and how long you would be meeting in one of our public areas. I am sorry you were offended by my inquiry. I would be more than glad to assist you the next time you are in need of a meeting location. Thank you again for your comments; we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

The location cannot be beat in downtown Charleston. For a relaxing vacation, you truly do not even need to leave the hotel. The rooms are comfortable and luxurious. The food is fantastic everywhere. This includes the rooftop bar, the lobby bar, Grill 225, and the concierge floor! We tried it all. The rooftop pool and view are perfection. We only wish we could have stayed longer!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JP S
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased you enjoyed the entire experience while you were here. We wish you could have stayed longer as well! We are not far from Columbia, so hopefully you will return soon and give us the chance to serve you again.
Thank you for choosing the Market Pavilion Hotel.