1,627 results
All reviewsthe concierge levelrooftop barpeter wrighthermes toiletriescoffee and pastriesturn down serviceevery morningthe general managereast bay streetbeautiful hotelconcierge desksouthern hospitalityguest roomsluxury hotelcookiesthe location is perfectlate afternoon
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I had to go to Charleston on business and stayed in this hotel for the first time. I was truley a wonderful old hotel with every modern amenity. The facilities, the staff, the bar and the roof top lounge were the very best. I will definately stay there again

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
MarketPavilionGM, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2011

Thank you for your kind assessment. The staff will appreciate knowing you enjoyed your visit. Thought I should explain however, that the hotel is not actually old, it was opened in August of 2002, built from the ground up. The architect did a wonderful job of making sure the building fit within the surroundings.
Thank you again for your candor, I hope to have the chance to serve you again.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

This hotel was very nice. It had a great rooftop bar/rest and pool. It was a tiny bit uncomfortable swimming while people were eating and drinking but we did it anyway. The food and drinks were excellent also. The staff were also very polite and had that southern hospitality! The only downside was the fitness room. It was extremely small. The city of Charleston was one of the best cities we have ever visited. You can walk every where and the southern architecture was stunning.
Now the food--- lose 5 lbs before you come here. Every single meal was fantastic! And we live in New York so we know good food. The prices were similar to NY so there was no sticker shock. You must try shrimp and grits--no words!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience while at the hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed all of our services and realized the true spirit of Southern Hospitality. Your assessment of our food being Fantastic is a real tribute to the staff. They sincerely take our food quality and service very seriously and I appreciate your acknowledgement. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I love Charleston, and go as often as we can. Have stayed in many of the hotels downtown in the Historic District. We stayed at this hotel for our anniversary and loved it. Great location, beautiful clean rooms, and great service. The rooftop bar is so nice. Great atmosphere and the view is amazing. This place is definitely worth the money you spend.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Happy Anniversary! After all the hotels you have visited, I thank you for chosing ours. I am glad you loved the experience. Thank you for noticing the convenient location, the cleanliness and service provided by our great team of employees. The rooftop bar is enjoyed by many and I am glad you enjoyed it as well. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed at Market Pavilion to be with friends for a birthday celebration. We stayed on the club level. Athought the hotel was "pricey", I must say that it was every bit the value for the price in service, atmosphere and friendliness. The response of the employees rivaled the standard of the Ritz-Carlton. The food throughout the facility was outstanding. The location was excellent. Overall, it was a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Hope you all enjoyed your Birthday celebration while at the hotel. The Concierge Floor and Parlor service are indeed very special, and I am glad you enjoyed the experience. It was gratifying to read you felt the value for the price is extremely fair and it is good to read that you found our food service to be outstanding. I am glad you had a wondeful visit. We hope to have the opportunity of serving you again. Thank you.

Reviewed July 26, 2011

We really enjoyed this hotel's location, right on Market Street in the historic area of Charleston. It is within walking distance to all the great restaurants, including Magnolia's, Cru Cafe, SNOB, etc....and has a fabulous roof deck bar that is one of the city's hot spots. We received a daily $50 promotion for each day of our stay and took advantage of the roof deck bar for drinks on multiple nights and for lunch one day. It was perfect and offered great views of the city. This hotel also provides great location, but not as convenient for the college, but still within walking distance to shopping on King Street. The only negative that I can say about this hotel is that although the breakfast is included, it's a challenge to really call this breakfast. Breakfast consists of weak coffee, pastries and pieces of whole fruit, if you get it early enough, because it's the only healthy option and goes fast! We had breakfast at two other places in town - Toast, which was good, but not worth #1 rating on TripAdvisor - and a bakery/coffee shop on Market Street, next to SNOB, which was very good. The room was big with high ceilings and the valet was excellent. The Market Pavillon was a great place to stay and we'll probably stay there again when we go to Charleston to visit our niece at college next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the breakfast set-up and elevator, which are sometimes in the same area depending on the floor.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
MarketPavilionGM, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2011

Thank you for sharing your last experience at the hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel, staff and its location. We appreciate all of you comments. Thank you again,we do hope we will have the chance to serve you again.