“Couples Massage” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Spa at Belmond Charleston Place

The Spa at Belmond Charleston Place
More attraction details
Owner description: The Spa at Charleston Place is a full-service European spa named “Best City Hotel Spa” by the readers of Travel + Leisure. It features an extensive menu of lavish services, including skin care, body treatments, massage therapy, manicures, pedicures, Jacuzzi, sauna, healthy spa cuisine and many more delights.
El Paso, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Couples Massage”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

My wife and I had our honeymoon in Charleston and wanted to do a cliche couples massage. This place was very nice but it was also very expensive. The staff was friendly. I can't complain about the price. I knew it was pricey when i made the reservation. If I could do it over I would have gone someplace less expensive.

Greenwood, South Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Relaxing Ambience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I have been to many spas. He had a swedish massage, which he enjoyed. I had reflexology. It was wonderful. I actually drifted off to sleep a couple of times. While we enjoyed the treatments, this is not my favorite place to enjoy a spa experience. It is more of a spa that turns over alot of clients and there is no place to actually enjoy a spa like setting to relax. It was good for a treatment and then off to your room or shopping. I think over-priced for what they offer clients.

Catlettsburg, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wife loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I arranged a Tip to Toe spa treatment for my wife. SHE LOVED IT!! Earned my tons of brownie points!!

Columbia, South Carolina
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Charleston Place, as a whole, is just lovely, and the view from the pool area is magnificent- however I found the spa to be just fine...not spectacular, but just fine. Nothing special but I would go back.

Visited September 2011
Charlotte, North Carolina
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“My spa treatment is average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have visited spas all around the world, New York, LA, Las Vegas, Turkey, Greece, Paris, etc... So I know spas. I did not expect the Charleston Place spa to be top notch but expected a lot more than I received.

The spa is very small. The spa lobby area is very crowded as it bumps up to the pool area, which gets quite crowded in the summer.
Very small sauna. The sauna is an extra large closest and no steam room. When I think of a great spa, it has other amenities outside of your treatment, the spa falls short in this category.
The treatment rooms are very small and are not zen like. My treatment room was next to the pool! I think if you spend $130 plus tip, a very private room should be a given.

I had the moroccan oil treatment...I love moroccan oil and use it often. So I thought incorporating a treatment with the oil would be an added bonus. Unfortunately it was not, the treatment was quite average. Thus I would not recommend the moroccan oil treatment at this spa.

There are not too many options in this area but I thought I would set expecations for those interested in a service at this spa.

Visited July 2012