“Worth the Walk” 5 of 5 stars

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Worth the Walk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

To reach a beautiful view of the Morris Island Lighthouse you have to be willing to walk about half a mile. That being said, the better part of the walk is on an old paved road that has been closed. It takes less than ten minutes to reach an unspoiled view of this beauty! Take a breath, exhale and enjoy your walk. It's totally worth it!

Visited July 2014
4 Thank NCTravelers90

32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Folly Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Folly was a beautiful beach with rolling sand dunes when you go towards the Morris Island Lighthouse. If you visit there, you must take the short walk (1/4 mile) to view the Lighthouse. It was absolutely beautiful and was the sight of my engagement pictures. The town of Folly Beach is a small quaint town with some nice bars and restaurants. My wife and I really enjoyed the area and will be back again. Also, its only about a ten min drive from downtown Charleston

Visited April 2014
2 Thank bigtjr
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't believe bad reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

It's an amazing historic lighthouse and just not that far of a walk. People are amazingly lazy. It's easily a 1/4 mile with a sandy hilly part at the end (FYI those that are mobility impaired). It's serene and secluded. Totally worth the trip.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Todd K
Washington DC
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Please take the boat and don't bother with the park and walk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I've read any number of negative reviews from folks who have driven, parked and walked the long distance to see the lighthouse. And I understand that. If I had done that, I probably wouldn't have thought of this as a highlight in Charleston. Take a boat to Morris island and walk to see the light house from close up. I'm posting a picture from that day. Given Trip Advisor's rules about mixing sights in the same review, just look for boat trips to see the lighthouse or my reviews in general.

3 Thank bumper1965
Fort Mill, South Carolina
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“I love lighthouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Well my husband walked and took pictures. We took our small dog during hr allow on beaches. BUT they are not allow to be on that area of the beach anytime. Very disppointed. I cannot walk as good as my husband at this time so he went and took pics for me. I stayed with Jasper in the car, it was not a short drive from our Inn and we were not planning on another trip this way this visit. We did take Jasper on Folly Beach where permitted, he does not like the water that moves so much HA!! Still had a good time.

Visited June 2014