“Don't believe bad reviews” 5 of 5 stars

and up
2-Hour Salt Marsh Cruise from Folly Beach
Ranked #33 of 209 things to do in Charleston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't believe bad reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

It's an amazing historic lighthouse and just not that far of a walk. People are amazingly lazy. It's easily a 1/4 mile with a sandy hilly part at the end (FYI those that are mobility impaired). It's serene and secluded. Totally worth the trip.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Todd K

Washington DC
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Please take the boat and don't bother with the park and walk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I've read any number of negative reviews from folks who have driven, parked and walked the long distance to see the lighthouse. And I understand that. If I had done that, I probably wouldn't have thought of this as a highlight in Charleston. Take a boat to Morris island and walk to see the light house from close up. I'm posting a picture from that day. Given Trip Advisor's rules about mixing sights in the same review, just look for boat trips to see the lighthouse or my reviews in general.

3 Thank bumper1965
Fort Mill, South Carolina
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“I love lighthouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Well my husband walked and took pictures. We took our small dog during hr allow on beaches. BUT they are not allow to be on that area of the beach anytime. Very disppointed. I cannot walk as good as my husband at this time so he went and took pics for me. I stayed with Jasper in the car, it was not a short drive from our Inn and we were not planning on another trip this way this visit. We did take Jasper on Folly Beach where permitted, he does not like the water that moves so much HA!! Still had a good time.

2 Thank sflicka
Mint Hill, North Carolina, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beautiful View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The walk wasn't bad, and the view was totally worth it. We saw dolphins playing in the inlet right in front of the lighthouse. Cool drift wood. You can't get to the lighthouse but it's a beautiful view. I have three teenage girls they all had fun looking around.

3 Thank Ginger G
Atlanta, Georgia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Hot walk for short trip”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Why would they block a perfect entrance way...hot walk that is longer than the 1/4 mile sign states...and bugs a plenty to view a lighthouse. I wouldn't recommend make an extra trip for this photo op.