“Best Sandwich EVER”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate here THREE times during our 3 day stay in Charleston (Twice for lunch and once as a late night snack on our last night! Oink oink!) that's how much we LOVED the Duck Club. The bread, the duck, the sauce...everything about it is so yummy...not exactly healthy...but we were on vacation! The sandwich is HUGE so we split it every time. We also tried the duck fat fries which were good but not amazing and the pimento cheese app which is like a cheese spread dip which was also super yummy! The prices were reasonable. The waitstaff was super nice. Service was fast. I definitely recommend stopping by here and do not leave without ordering the duck club!

Reviewed May 15, 2014

My family ate Brunch here several years ago and I was highly disappointed in the total experience. I am reviewing now because I can't believe this place is rated as high as it is. Maybe others with similar experiences just don't review the bad places. Being highly touted I was anticpating a good meal - WRONG! Got in at open, seated quickly, and then it went south. We had a group of 6, not large at all. Waiter took our order, brough thge drinks and then, nothing. I saw tables that came in after us eating and leaving and still no food. Waiter was scarce so I couldn't find out what was the delay. Finally another server brought our order ands mine was WRONG! I order the brunch grits - Cheese Grits with fried egg on top. I got cheese grits with HO eggs. This is what caused the entire day to go south. I said to the server, "where are the eggs?". She said "it doesn't come with eggs." I grabbed a menu and quoted it - and she replied "If your that upset over 2 damn eggs;" WHOA - that did it I got loud, the whole restaurant was aware there was an issue, my family was embarassed, and yet no management came to see what was wrong. And no one came by the table to clean up and present a bill. Finally my son said for me to leave, and the waiter showed up instantly with the bill. No apology, no explanation, nothing. The service sucked that day, management sucked that day, and it probably still does.

3  Thank John R
Reviewed May 14, 2014

The Duck Fries, Brisket and Barbque Chicken along with the bleu cheese cole slaw and NUMEROUS craft beers were amazingly tasty and worth the future heart attach I'll doubt suffer for enjoying myself - those FRIES were the BEST - because they cook them in DUCK FAT! OMG! This is a foodie paradise in a questionable part of East Bay and North Morrison but it's kewl cause e'ryone else who goes there either is a NoMo Hipster living in close proximity, a tourist who hears about it or locals from around the low country who venture down to that part of town for this food! I miss the Angry Mallard and some other items that are no longer on the menu but their 'specials' and new items are fantastic! So worth the drive, calories and the "meat sweats"! <3

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We have been coming to Charleston for years. I found this place on TA and thought it had a cool name and it got rave reviews so we have it a try. This place is AWESOME!!! We had fries & duck gravy (tastes a lot like Thanksgiving turkey gravy and is served on the side), brisket sandwich and the Cuban. Everything was REALLY REALLY good! Our server was super friendly too! We were seated right away and the good came quickly too!

1  Thank Gamecock97
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I swear I have a *slight* addiction to duck fat fries with garlic aioli and of course the sandwiches. I am a cuban & mojo fan but my fav is the #1 Lucky sub with no wasabi mayo sub for the garlic aioli and let me tell you it is PHENOMINAL. My hubs is a duck club lover & the after thanksgiving sammy. The wings are also super good. Nice beer selection and Sunday brunch (get there before they open @ 1130 or you WILL wait) is a must try. the garbage plate, duck hash, monte cristo, oh my! Definitely recommend this place and will continue our almost weekly visits to the Moose!!