“New, clean, comfortable, cental and affordable. Whats more to want?” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown

Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown
Ranked #39 of 60 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston
“New, clean, comfortable, cental and affordable. Whats more to want?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I can't remember the last time I've stayed at a Holiday Inn. I chose this property due to its price, location and cleanliness. The property is brand new so it is immaculate. The staff is fantastic and Tammy at the front desk made sure that we had an excellent stay from check in to check out (thanks Tammy!). The price was unbeatable in comparison to other properties in downtown. We were also traveling with a baby and the walk to anywhere in charleston was a breeze. I will definitely be staying here on future trips to charleston. Thanks for a comfortable, clean and affodable stay for my family.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you.
I am so pleased you found the hotel to your liking. While we are nearly one year old it takes a great team to ensure it looks new and clean.
I am thankful to work with a wonderful group of people who truly care that our guests have the best experience when staying in Charleston.
Tammy is a standout player and has been acknowledged in many reviews and we all value her contribution to the success of the hotel.
Reading reviews such as yours makes all the team pumped up to deliver again.
We all thank you and can't wait to welcome you back.
Thanks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

The hotel is new and the rooms very nice. The parking is a bit pricey. The room request, was disregarded. The internet works great, the flat screen and workspace very nice. Comfortable and quiet. There is a bar and there is a restaurant in the hotel. Wonderful bathroom.

Room Tip: Best to ask for a room away from elevators. Be sure to have them confirm the type of room you reques...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent visit.
I am sorry to read you did not receive the type of room you requested, whenever any guest makes a request we certainly try to do all we can, to ensure we fulfill it.
On a happier note I am glad you enjoyed your accommodations and stay.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on any future visit to Charleston.
Thanks.
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I loved my stay at this beautiful, new Holiday Inn! The rooms are clean and pleasant, and I enjoyed the pool area very much. The staff was very helpful. from the valets to the front desk. Tammy at the desk was especially helpful in choosing restaurants and making reservations for us. I would stay here again on another visit to Charleston!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your kind words following your recent stay. We strive to provide the finest accommodations and service, and I am pleased to read, you received both.
I am also glad you took the time to acknowledge Tammy. She comes to work and does a great job everyday, and we value her contribution to the hotel.
On closing, we all hope to see you when you next visit Charleston.
Many thanks,
ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights while we explored Charleston. It is a hood location on the edge of the Historic area right on Meeting Street. It is a good walk down to the market area but not difficult if you like to walk. There is a trolley that goes up and down the street that you can hop on as well as pedi bikes that you can take. We did take the pedibike back to the hotel one night which was nice. Hotel staff were extremely pleasant and helpful from check in to the valet service as well as the restaurant. We had breakfast there which was good too. Parking was included in our stay. I believe we had a deal when we booked. The valet service parked the vehicle for us and brought it to us when requested. Parking is at a premium downtown so this was nice. There is a pool there which we did not use although we saw others using it. We were in a room that was designed for people with disabilities which even though we did not require it I certainly could see that this would be appreciated by others. The pool also has a lift to assist those in to the pool.
Wifi was free as well.
The view from our room overlooked the pool and the tops if some older buildings. We had a small balcony which we liked. View not great but did not bother us as we were out and about most of the time. Price was good certainly compared to others downtown. Would recommend.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review following your recent stay.
I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and our good location.
I think we offer the best value of all the hotels in Downtown Charleston, and we all hope to welcome you back on any future visit.
Kind regards,
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for 5 nights in October 2013 and had a wonderful experience.
1. Yes, the hotel is on the edge of a run-down neighborhood, but do not let that scare you. The hotel is ONE block from King Street with all the restaurants, bars and nightlife. We walked around the block every night and never had a problem.
2. The hotel is about 4 blocks north of Marion square and there is a trolly/shuttle that picks up in front of the hotel every 20-30 minutes that can take you downtown or to the battery.
3. The hotel has a small outdoor pool, gym, laundry machines, drink/snack machines, etc
4. The hotel is very clean! It still feels brand new.
5. The staff is amazing - Valet, front desk, cleaning crew and restaurant servers/bartenders.
6. Valet has in/out privileges

The staff at the hotel really made our trip enjoyable - always with a smile!

Room Tip: The handicap room has a huge shower
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
It was great to read your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.
Providing clean, comfortable accommodations with exceptional guest service is our number one goal, and I am glad we delivered.
On any future visit to Charleston, I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.
Many thanks.
Dracut, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic! I loved the hotel, location and staff! Tammy was gracious during Checkin. Bartender Dan made a delicious martini, was knowledgeable about the area and also helped map out our vacation! The hotel is new so everything was clean and updated. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you. As I have said many times in the past Dan and Tammy are great assets to our team and I am delighted you acknowledged their contribution.
I will thank you on their behalf, I certainly value all they do everyday. Thank you again, and we all hope you will come back and visit.
Regards,
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

This was far and away the nicest Holiday Inn I have visited. The building is brand new, well designed, and nicely appointed. The rooms are attractive and spotless. The lobby and the restaurant are comfortable. The location was convenient.

What really sets this hotel apart is the service, which was exceptional. Everyone we encountered was attentive, friendly, and eager to make our stay more pleasant. Tammy, at the front desk, was particularly fantastic. She gave us wonderful dinning recommendations and then made the reservations for us: She arranged tours and taxis. The services she provided is what I might hope for from a full-service concierge at a luxury hotel.

My few complaints are minor. The coffee in the rooms and in the restaurant was dreadful. And they had the nerve to charge $2.75 for the dreadful coffee in the lobby. At a hotel of this caliber, I'd expect good coffee. And other Holiday Inns I have visited always offer guests free coffee in the morning.

Also, the lighting in the bathroom is bad. This could be easily corrected by installed lighted vanity mirrors.

Overall, I had a wonderful stay. I look forward to coming back soon!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Betsy W,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent stay.
I am pleased you enjoyed your visit. Tammy is a huge asset to the hotel and we all appreciate the effort she makes to ensure our guests have a great stay.
Ironically I met with our coffee rep yesterday to discuss our coffee options, and I hope we have a solution.
Your kind words regarding the hotel are much appreciated, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Charleston.
Thank you.