We stayed at the Holiday Inn for 5 nights in October 2013 and had a wonderful experience.
1. Yes, the hotel is on the edge of a run-down neighborhood, but do not let that scare you. The hotel is ONE block from King Street with all the restaurants, bars and nightlife. We walked around the block every night and never had a problem.
2. The hotel is about 4 blocks north of Marion square and there is a trolly/shuttle that picks up in front of the hotel every 20-30 minutes that can take you downtown or to the battery.
3. The hotel has a small outdoor pool, gym, laundry machines, drink/snack machines, etc
4. The hotel is very clean! It still feels brand new.
5. The staff is amazing - Valet, front desk, cleaning crew and restaurant servers/bartenders.
6. Valet has in/out privileges
The staff at the hotel really made our trip enjoyable - always with a smile!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known for its rich history, well-preserved architecture, a celebrated restaurant community and mannerly people; Charleston has been named Top U.S. City by Conde Nast Traveler Readers Choice Awards for the third year. This coastal destination remains one of the top destination cities in the world. Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown is proud to be a part of Historic Charleston blending contemporary luxury with traditional southern hospitality. Situated on Meeting and Woolfe Street; we are just one block from the Charleston Visitor's Center, minutes from attractions, boutique shops and restaurants located throughout downtown Charleston. Our location is within close proximity to other Charleston's historic sites, attractions, museums, sport venues, beaches and more; providing easy access to I-26 and US Highway 17. The Meeting Room Restaurant & Tapas Bar offers farm-to-table dining with a twist on tradition with American inspired entrees prepared with local ingredients offering something to suit every palette. Unwind in an atmosphere of relaxed elegance that allows friends and family to meet and enjoy great food, signature cocktails, wine and beer. After a long day workout in our fitness center, take a dip in our heated outdoor pool or bask in the warm Charleston sun. Stay cool and relax around our outdoor covered patio with overhead fans and living room style seating. Visit our business center and stay connected to electronic devices with free WIFI. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.