Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown
King Charles Inn(Charleston)
$239
$219
Official Website
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$129
$207
$169
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$118
$297
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsking streetfront deskmeeting roomvalet parkinghistoric downtownmeeting streetfree trolleyvalet staffvisitor centermodern hotelupper kingbars and restaurantswithin walking distancehotel restaurantthe room was nicedefinitely stay here againupon check
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for 5 days and loved it. The staff could not have been more helpful with restaurant and tour recommendations, reservations and arranging transportation. The rooms were immaculate. They just need to have rubber bathmats and a magnifying mirror in the bathroom to make it perfect.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent visit.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay in Charleston and at the hotel.
I'm afraid too late for your visit, but yesterday we placed non slip bathmats in each of our rooms with tubs.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on any future visit to Charleston.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

My first note is to not be discouraged by the neighborhood! When we first pulled up I was second guessing even staying becuase the area is less desirable, however, I'm really glad we didn't change hotels. This is a brand new hotel so it's VERY clean. They just opened in January 2013. The staff was phenomenal! Sarah at the front desk was very friendly and very accomdating upon our check-in. The parking is through valet which is $16/night but worth the cost. The valet's were also very friendly and always asking if they could carry our bags up for us or if we needed anything else. If you called a few minutes ahead your car would certainly be ready and waiting for you. I believe the gentleman's name was Christian (or Christopher) at the valet station that helped us the first day we were there and he was the most helpful and pleasant individual! This was by far one of the nicest Holiday Inns that I've been to in recent years.

My only complaint which is pretty minor really is that I placed a hang tag on my door on the last night of my stay, indicating my selections for room service the next morning. When I awoke, the bill had been slipped under my door but the hang tag was still there. I called the front desk and I was transfered to the kitchen and no one answered. When I called room service the gentleman raced upstairs to pick up the hang tag and I had my food in about 15 minutes.

The restaurant doesn't serve lunch, only breakfast and dinner. Breakfast isn't included and is your typical mediocre hotel breakfast. Nothing to write home about. The dinner menu is small and a little too fancy for my liking. It's a tapas restaurant and I was really looking for just a burger or something simple. They have an area on the main lobby where you can by items you forgot or just a small snack, or print out your boarding passes on the available computers.

We had two rooms in our reservation and both were located on the 3rd floor, relatively close to the elevator so you did catch a lot of hallway noise. If this would bother you, I'd suggest asking for a room that's not centrally located in the hotel.

We did also have a suite in our reservation and it was very large. Perfect if you're traveling with a family and want a little extra room. It has a bar sink and a microwave also so that's great for a family! The sitting area has a pull out couch and there's a table with chairs as well to relax in. I do think there should be a TV in the sitting room, however.

The rooms were spotless and every day housekeeping came by they made the room as though that was the first day we checked in. All items were replenished and refreshed. The beds are comfortable and having options for pillow softness is a nice touch.

Overall, I would definitely return to this hotel. In fact, I look forward to returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a comprehensive review following your recent visit.
I will definately make sure Sarah and Christian are thanked for their efforts during your stay.
I apologise for the mix up with your room service order, but pleased we addressed the issue quickly.
On closing, thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Enjoyed two nights here. Room was quiet, clean, and comfortable. Parking has to be valet, so we just parked it for two days. Quite a ways from what I would consider the historic district, but close to the Visitors Center, Charleston Museum, and a free trolly stop right across the street. Dont hold the trolley maps as gospel. They stop many more times that the dots would indicate. Selection for dinner was very limited so we went into town one night and walked to King street (6 blocks) the other, where there was plenty of options. Other reviews had complained about the breakfast, we had none. LaRone our waiter both mornings was very pleasant and attentive. He provided great service and was quick and efficient even though Thurs was very quiet and Fri was very busy in the restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts following your recent stay.
I am delighted you found the hotel comfortable and thank you for your comments regarding the good service you recieved during breakfast service.
Although located one mile from Market Street we are still considered to be in the Historic District and King Street is directly behind the hotel.
As you will have seen this area of town is undergoing major changes and we are pleased to be part of the reinvestment in the city.
On closing, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on any future trip to Charleston.

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

The staff was helpful and friendly. Dan was a great bartender. The food was fabulous! The room was tiny and facing a building falling down. Nice view(not). Valet parking was 16.00 to park my SUV in an in fenced in gravel lot :-( valet staff was professional and friendly. Did I say the room was tiny! Location was on the edge of a bad neighborhood and next to a liquor store. Did not have any problems with the locals but felt a little uncomfortable a few times walking (could just be paranoia) Front desk staff friendly at check in cold on departure. New hotel with good potential. Not worth 229.00 a night! Excellent deal if you move the hotel five blocks south.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank GPG68
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent stay.
I am glad you enjoyed the Restaurant and I will share you kind comments with Dan.
We strive to provide the highest standards of Guest Service and clearly failed to deliver in your case. I have discussed the matter with our Guest Service Manager and would like to apologise for our shortcomings.
Regarding our location, we are proud to be involved in the redevopement of this area of Downtown Charleston, which over the next couple of years will be transformed.
On closing, many thanks.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great location, comfortable rooms and excellent service. The hotel is walking distance to any destination in downtown Charleston. Make sure to spend some time in the restaurant and bar, staff there are fabulous!

• Stayed: March 2013
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thanks for leaving a great review following your recent stay.
I will pass on your kind comments to the team in the Restaurant and Bar.