My husband and I recently stayed at this property in unit 203. Prior to our arrival, I called to make sure this room would be mold free and renovated, because I'm allergic to mold. Matt assured me not to worry he had us in a really nice room. Apparently he has no clue what nice is. The Bedroom had a hole in the wall and the alarm clock did not work. The bathroom mirror backing was coming off, there was mold around the base of the door frame and the hinges were rusty. The green paint in the bathroom didn't even come up to the woodwork making it look like a child had painted it. The tub surround had holes in it. The floors were scuffed. Dishwasher was not flush with the cabinets. Lighting was very poor and one light in the living room had the knob broke off, so you could not use it. The closet door was broken that my husband fixed twice. I hate to see what the other rooms looked like if this was considered nice. What a DUMP! Matt told me later that this hotel was 75% renovated, but I got the other 25%. I guess booking this one year in advance still didn't get me into a nice room unless they save these for Interval exchange customers and to think Festiva left 2 notes asking us to look at buying a timeshare. I will never book an exchange with them again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the corner of Church and Market Streets where Charleston's famed market area hums with activity, Church Street Inn and its plush one- and two-bedroom townhomes are elegantly designed in a style reminiscent of a time gone by. Charleston holds a magical place in history and the city's diverse character stems from three centuries of American-European-Caribbean traditions.Church Street Inn is within easy walking distance of magnificent homes, art museums, exquisite restaurants and chic boutiques. Ghost tours and historic walking tours are a "must do" while in Charleston. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Church Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Church Street Inn, By Festiva Hotel Charleston
- Church Street Inn Charleston Sc