“Now that's a burger!”

Charleston Burger Company
Ranked #233 of 971 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I needed a quick, late afternoon lunch while visiting some of the plantations in Charleston. One of the Drayton Hall staff members suggested this place. We ventured over there for some grub and were so glad we followed the recommendation. It wasn't busy as it was after the typical lunch time. We got our food quickly and it was made to order. I had the "Sweet Carolina" and it was phenomenal! I'm pretty sure it was all the recommended fat and calories for an adult for two days but you gotta splurge when you are on vacation. We will definitely return to this restaurant when visiting Charleston again!!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

My husband and I just ate here with our 15 mo old and it was delicious! The staff offered our daughter a free kids burger, they were friendly and made us feel like we were already regulars (which we will be). The housemade chips are really good too. My Husband ordered "the kitchen sink" and it was travel channel show worthy!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I was in this place two times, once during the day, and then at night. The "elderly" man who "thinks" he owns the place is rude, crude and downright nasty. Then at night, we observed the "young" BOYS there who handled money and then turned around and prepared food WITHOUT washing their hands or using gloves. Food overpriced and this is what you get???? BUYER BEWARE

1  Thank RoxySavannah
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We tried this restaurant on a whim the other day and were so thankful that we did! I know they are known for their burgers but they have one of the best cheese steaks I have ever had outside of Philadelphia. The portions are generous and the meat is of great quality. Subsequently we have been back to try the hamburgers and have not been disappointed! My man-panion ordered the killer bee hamburger and there was so much food we ended taking some of it home. The service is always excellent and the restaurant is always clean. This has quickly become one of our favorite places to eat!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We ate at CBC last evening and the food was good. I had the cheese steak and the wife had a high on the hog pulled pork sandwich. Food had a good taste and was plentiful and will go back in the future. The tables were clean and stocked with condiments. We order and the same young man who took our money turned around and without washing his hands was making sandwiches, grabbing fries, and cutting buns to be grilled. Next customer, same thing. I think the owner needs to provide rubber gloves to his employees and provide a little sanitary guidance.