“Couldn't ask for more”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charleston
Two Meeting Street Inn
Ranked #4 of 40 Charleston B&B and Inns
“Couldn't ask for more”
Reviewed March 18, 2006

My husband had planned a birthday trip for me to New Orleans. As you can guess that didn't quite work out so at the last minute he found and booked a three night stay at Two Meeting Street Inn. He couldn't of done better.
We were greeted with a smile and felt comfortable right off. Our room wasn't the biggest but we weren't looking for that. Every morning we found the staff friendly and helpful. The breakfast was filling and so was High tea. We really only eat dinner away from the Inn and we found a few good resturants within walking distance from Battery Park and the Inn.
We enjoyed to quite and also enjoyed the company of a few guests that sat with us on the great porch.
I want to go back again and soon. Our stay refreshed out batteries (as we have five children) This is the place to be for charm and warmth and a great experience.

• Stayed September 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Harrison , Arkansas
Reviewed October 8, 2005

The location is perfect. One of the best porches for rocking and watching the bay in the distance. A beautiful picture perfect B&B that every tourist in Charleston drives by to see.

Service was very good, friendly and helpful with every need. Rooms are very nice though not quite up to the John Rutledge Inn in my opinion. They were very clean and well kept. Only rabbit ear local TV channels (no internet in room) for those hooked on modern electronics. Bring your cell phone (on silent) for outside world contact.

Breakfast was Continental-Plus and Afternoon Tea an assortment of desserts and cheeses.....both adequate.

No credit cards... Fairly easy parking on street a few feet away.

But if a great porch and location are what you are looking for, there is no better I have found.

• Stayed September 2005
4 Thank chloe71
Largo, Florida
Reviewed August 8, 2005

We stayed here for three nights in April. The location is great, the house is beautiful, but the beds felt like they dated back to the Civil War era. On our second night there, we jammed an inflatable mattress into our small room so we could get a good night's sleep. After we complained about the mattress, we received a letter saying no one else had ever had a problem with the beds.

Breakfast was usually a muffin or coffee cake with coffee and tea.

There was no sign of the innkeepers when we were there.

Save your money for the Peninsula Grill.

• Stayed April 2005
15 Thank MonaJohnson1
Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed April 3, 2005

My husband had booked this supposedly posh place as a surprise, so I wanted SO much to like it.
Where to begin...
The female hostesses/staff was nice and polite.
Lots of mahogany, china and silver and a hushed atmosphere.
Breakfast was there, homemade and all, just not to our liking (scones and jam).
Upon arrival we were met (not greeted) by the male host/staffer? who was rude and snooty and remained that way whenever we encountered him for the extent of our three day stay. I swear that we are middle aged, quiet, dress well, and speak softly, and we racked our brains to figure out why were given this treatment, to no avail.
The room itself was nice looking. Mahogany, china, silver.... But the comfort level dated back to the time the house was built. The room was cold. The heater made a racket to the extent that if we wanted a conversation without shouting it had to be turned off. The gas fireplace managed to give off no heat whatsoever.
The bathroom was old and quaint and featured a bathtub with a shower head. To shower (if you weren't intent on splashing the entire room) you had to squat in the tub AND put up with temperatures that were either scalding hot or icecold, no middle ground). No other room was available.
Charleston is charming and so were all other people, whom we met there.
For our next visit, we will stay at the Holiday Inn, which everybody is raving about, save a LOT of money and be a hop, skip and jump from the sights and shopping.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
33 Thank deliberate_tourist
Reviewed March 10, 2005

I deceided to extended my stay in Charleston another day and having toured the wonderful homes around The Battery decided that it would be great to get away from the hussle and bussle by the market and spend a night here.

I wasn't dissapointed.

The House was beautiful and has a great history behind it. My partner and I stayed in one of the smaller rooms on the top floor. It was perfect and as comfortable as can be. It had a small TV (no cable) but who goes on vacation to watch TV? The room itself was attractively decorated in blue and white toile with matching accents and nic-naks. The bed was very comfy and altogether we were very well looked after.

We dined at McCrady's a short walking distance away in the evening that was superb and woke in the morning to a wonderful smell of home made muffins and coffee coming from the kitchen.

I would definitely recommend Two Meeting Street for anyone who wants a nice peaceful quiet stay. I believe all the rooms were occupied while I was there - but I only ever saw or heard people at breakfast time... no noise, no kids - heaven!

One catch, no biggie - cash or checks only (no C/Cards).

• Stayed February 2005
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 19, 2004

Ask my wife where she wanted to honeymoon, and without hesitation she'd say 2 Meeting Street Inn. Fortunately, there was one room available (#9) during Spoleto. (Lucky timing?) The house, the gardens, the convenient location, the staff....everything was perfect. It was a honeymooners' dream come true. Our anniversary is coming up and we're going back to 2 Meeting Street to celebrate again. Innkeepers Pete and Jean, and all the staff make it a most pleasant experience.

• Stayed May 2003
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 6, 2004

I read the review of the solo traveler staying in room number 7, The Robert's Room and couldn't disagree more. I stayed in the same room, by myself and had a wonderful time. I loved the victorian tub and was not inconvenienced by the detached bath. Furthermore, the way the doors to the room and bathroom open, shield you from view as you pass from one room to the other. The room is small, but it's charming and romantic, comfortable and quiet. The tea service was warm and friendly and I found the company at breakfast delightful. The staff made me feel very special. Myself and three girlfriends plan to return in late August 2004. True, no elevator, but it's a home, not a hotel and the staircase is beautiful. Yes, it is expensive but in my humble opinion, worth it.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member