“Perfect inn in a perfect location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charleston
Two Meeting Street Inn
Ranked #7 of 39 Charleston B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We actually stayed here in August 2012 for a weekend. It was the perfect relaxing getaway. The location is amazing - the Battery is beautiful and quiet, but not far from restaurants and nightlife. The breakfast each morning was delicious. In the afternoon, there was a serious spread of hors d'oeuvres and the best peach tea we've ever had. Sherry was also always available. If you like to sit and relax on a porch, it doesn't get any better than Two Meeting Street Inn. We spent a lot of time in the rocking chairs on the huge wraparound porch, sipping sherry or sweet tea and enjoying the beauty of the Battery. The staff was very helpful and suggested taking pedicabs to our two dinners out, which was such a nice way to see the city at night. The inn is beautiful and rooms immaculate. I don't think we'll ever stay anywhere else in Charleston.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RamblinDixie

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We needed a quiet place to get some much needed R&R and Two Meeting Street Inn did not disappoint us! The staff is very attentive and helpful! They gave us the history of the Inn and showed us around. Our room, "The Roberts Room" was on the third floor. Each floor has a refrigerator and sink where you can put your dinner left overs, beverages, etc., and they also provided water and ice.
Our room was the only one with a "detached" bathroom, and they did have a "rig" so that you can hook them together and walk from the room to the bathroom with some privacy. It was fine. We never did see the other guests from the third floor.
Our room was clean, beautiful, and relaxing!
Our only issue was that the tub drained really slow, which we told the staff about.
The Inn is across from Battery Park and within walking distance to the Market Area, Waterfront Park, etc. Many restaurants were close by. At 4:30pm the Inn served tea and snacks that were delicious.
Breakfast was delicious~ they served fresh fruit, sausage and crème brulee French toast. It tasted as good as it sounds!
The other guests were friendly, and we enjoyed visiting with several as we sat on the front porch and then again as we ate our breakfast out doors.
The only other comments for potential guests to know: they do not accept credit cards, so you may not make your reservations online. You must call them, and then mail your check ahead of time. It doesn't seem to be a hindrance for the Inn, as they don't seem to have any trouble keeping the rooms booked!
We look forward to an opportunity to stay there again some day.

Room Tip: When we made our reservation, the Robert's Room was the only choice that was available. I assum...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nanasjo
Reviewed August 10, 2013

COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE is how I'd summarize my experience at Two Meeting Street Inn! I have VERY high standards and this inn EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS in every way!
The perfect location, luxurious accommodations, well kept common areas, superb food (5-Star quality in my opinion) and the AMAZING STAFF made me fall in love and take the time to write this review.

I had a VERY difficult time departing although I stayed for 5 nights, could have EASILY stayed another week! I was highly impressed with breakfast, afternoon tea, willingness to pamper me asking if I needed absolutely anything, i.e. taxis, dinner reservations, fresh tea at any moment, assistance with planning activities, etc. This Inn has ZERO room for improvement and I hesitate to brag too much as I'm concerned about my own selfish future vacancy issues as I want to keep it as my little hidden gem! ;)

The staff blew me away even before my arrival! Wendy is AMAZING and it's funny how I got to know her prior to my stay as I'm a planner and called the Inn a few times asking random questions, even to the point where I knew I was annoying, lol! Wendy was super knowledgeable, pleasant and patient, and definitely made positive impression on me. i was further impressed upon meeting her in person! Christine was another lovely lady who I got to know and enjoy, who often went above and beyond to assist me in every way. Also, since I was traveling solo, I had a great opportunity to converse with many of the other ladies on staff (how I regret not remembering all their names) and felt a genuine fondness of them all. Heck, even the gentleman on staff who handles various facilities requests was so kind and friendly!

I also had the lovely experience with meeting the classy and gracious owner/innkeeper, Miss Jean, who took the time to shower all the guests with her lovely charming southern hospitality, sharing stories of Charleston's history and even personal events with such a genuine touch. I can see why her Inn is such a success, as she even treats her staff like family!

In closing, I honestly feel you will not go wrong staying here as TWO MEETING STREET INN IS PERFECTION AT ITS FINEST!!!

God willing, I WILL be a regular every year! :)

JM from NYC

P.S. The wrap around porch was simply a piece of heaven! You can just relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings of the trees, flowers and park view, get lost in a good book, or chat with friendly guests and staff (btw, another great feature of this inn is there was no obligation to chat with others during breakfast or afternoon tea which was a nice option and made me truly relaxed)! I am a social butterfly, so it was enjoyanle for me, however, I know some folks prefer keeping to themselves which is fine--my point is this inn works for all!).

Room Tip: You will be pleased with any room, trust me, the entire inn is well kept and immaculate! Each room h...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank JMJade7
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Two Meeting Street Inn for a week and we loved every minute of it. We stayed in the Queen Anne room and found it beautifully appointed and comfortable. A refrigerator for the floor is located just outside the door and around the corner, perfect for keeping a bottle of wine or some ice cream handy. The inn itself is drop-dead gorgeous and kept immaculately clean. Breakfasts were varied, generous, and delicious. One can have breakfast in the dining room, on the porch, or at one of the intimate garden tables. Breakfast is served individually, so you don't have to be there at a set time or be assigned a specific seating as in some other B&B's. The spread for afternoon tea changed every day, had multiple offerings, and was always good. A decanter of sherry is always available, and a perfect way to end the day on the wrap-around porch. Perhaps the most outstanding feature for us was the incredible hospitality of the owners and staff. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome and appreciated. Over and over again we were delighted with the hospitality and service. Breakfast and afternoon tea were served to us graciously. If we asked for a wine glass or something from the kitchen it was brought to our room without asking. Reservations were made promptly and correctly. Once, when a taxi failed to show on time for a trip to one of the more northern restaurants, Kay whisked us off to the restaurant in her own car. We have stayed in Inns across the country and know what to expect from a B&B experience. The Two Meeting Street Inn exceeded all of our expectations. We WILL be back. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Bernie M
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This Bed and Breakfast is the most perfect location if you are staying in Historic downtown charleston! You will LOVE rocking on the front porch... I just wanted to stay there all day. It is very quiet at night and safe to walk around. You can see the water from the view and the park is right across the the street. We went to restaurants on Queen St. which is just up the road and walking distance from this Inn. it is a more expensive Inn but you will truly enjoy yourself!

Room Tip: We stayed in the music room which is on the first floor and enjoyed not having to go up and down sta...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robin M
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed being at this Inn. The location is near the water and across the street from a park. From the porch, you can sit in a rocking chair and watch dogs play in the park, read, or just sit, which I enjoyed. The staff here is very accommodating and will make every attempt to make sure you are well taken care of. They seemed very committed to southern hospitality, which is a change from most establishments these days. The Inn has an old wealth feel to it, but it's not pretentious. The breakfast was wonderful, the sweet treats at tea time were on par with mom's. All the Charleston sites are within walking distance. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Seritalee
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We spent 2 nights at Two Meeting Street in June of 2013 and were very happy with both the Inn, property and staff. The inn has a wonderful location at the end of Meeting Street just across from Battery Park. It's quiet and convenient. While the rates are not for the budget traveler I'd recommend Two Meeting Street Inn to anyone looking for lovely and unusual Bed & Breakfast in Charleston.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple