“I felt like I was in Jamaica!”
Review of Jamaican Me Hungry - CLOSED

Jamaican Me Hungry
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S Market St.
Description: Still looking? Haven't found authentic Caribbean food? You're about to experience a new wave in fine Caribbean cuisine. Discover "the next generation, the all new bona fide Caribbean dining experience". Your palate will be awakened to rediscover a culinary pride that has now influenced the world. Caribbean cuisine may have come late to the world's culinary scene, but it has proven to be one of the most buoyant additions. Come enjoy a taste of the Islands.
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I dined here in May 2013 with my husband. We were walking around downtown near the markets looking for a great place for lunch when my husband smelled a delicious aroma we couldn't resist. We followed the aroma to Jamaican Me Hungry and we were amazed at the chill, Jamaican ambiance. The food was FABULOUS! I had the best ox tails I had ever eaten and my husband enjoyed the curry goat. Service was amazing and the setting was upscale. I would recommend everyone to this place! It's a little hidden but follow the aroma! Can't wait to go back here for my champagne kola. Love it!

There are newer reviews for Jamaican Me Hungry

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stumbled upon this intimate Caribbean Supper Club tonight and had the best meal! Tiny space right in the middle of downtown Charleston (next to the Market) with authentic Jamaican food and wonderful service. The owners are so nice and very attentive. Bob Marley playing while you dine. Our meal was wonderful start to finish - chicken soup/salad/Jerk Chicken/Crab legs and a great dessert! FYI - BYOB. We will go back!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We showed up for our reservation made on Open Table only to find the door locked! This was a few days after the 4th so maybe they decided to extend their vacation, although its rare for a restaurant in downtown Charleston to be closed during such a busy season. Anyway, needless to say we were out of luck and disappointed. It was a Monday night so we were able to quickly find another restaurant but it would have been really disappointing if this had happened on a busier dining night. I'm not sure if this was an Open Table oversight or a restaurant oversight. I haven't called the restaurant to make sure that they are even still in business, but either way.....we can't really rate anything above DISAPPOINTED

2  Thank Glennacres
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had made reservations with Open Table, but the restaurant was closed when we got there. There was no notification that the restaurant gave open table letting them know they would be closed. I don't know if they were closed for the July 4th week or not but you can't just randomly close when you have people making reservations. The restaurant looked very small inside and the menu I looked up online had only a few choices. But it looked very authentic so it's a shame we didn't get to eat here!

2  Thank Meelimoo
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Visted Friday June 14, 2013. The food and service were awesome. The portions were generous. My BFF and I brought along our own wine and the owners took care of the rest. We had curry goat and steamed fish. Yum! Go check them out. They are special and they will treat you special as well.