“HIDDEN GEM FOUND”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: James Island
Reviewed November 27, 2013

THANKS, Groupon. I would never have found this place without you. It' a little HIDDEN place off the beaten path, especially for us Mt. Pleasant peeps, but WELL WORTH the trip. We have been back many times and enjoyed every bite. I won't tell you what all we've had for dinner and brunch, you'll just have to go taste for yourself. Super friendly group of people, IT'S A KEEPER.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

First time to the Heart, after reading other reviews about slow service we decided to go early for dinner to beat the crowd. It was perfect. Our waitress was very attentive and the food arrived in a timely manner. The food was fantastic so fresh and the flavors blended so well and was seasoned just right. I had the pork shoulder another family member had the trigger fish, and another had the beef tenderloin everyone loved their meal. The items on the menu can add up and be pricey but I think its justified with the excellent food. For desert we had the bourbon pudding - out if this world!!! I'm very glad that we came early because the place filled up and became quite noisy as the decor is minimalist and the this nothing to soak up the sound. That was the only con to all the positives. Will be coming back.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

THE best cheeseburger I have ever eaten slipped into a soft and tasty HOMEMADE bun with salty crisp roast potatoes and mustard greens. The homemade bourbon brown sugar pudding was elixir. What a fantastic find of a restaurant

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I think my search for the best veggie burger in the Charleston area might have ended at Heart Woodfire Kitchen. Their interpretation of that meal is terrific. The waitress couldn't even name everything in it because it is packed full of so many fresh vegetables, quinoa, black beans, and more. And all of that goodness is topped with a bit of chili oil and served on a beautifully grilled bun. The roasted chicken flatbread ordered by someone in our group also looked excellent.

The furnishings are on the spare side, and I imagine the restaurant can get quite noisy as there isn't any carpeting to mute the noise. And the menu is limited but I would prefer to call it focused. The chef appears to know how to play to his strengths.

For lunch at least, it's definitely worth a visit and that veggie burger was good enough to make me curious about dinner!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Its great food service is great just a bit to pricey for James Island. I had chicken...It was $20. I also thought the drinks where pricey. Great food like I said earlier but bring your wallet