Motel 6 Charleston South
EmbassySuites.com
$319
  • Pool
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $405/night.

$249
  • Restaurant
$309
  • Breakfast included
Francis Marion Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$211
$178
  • Restaurant
$169
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$100
French Quarter Inn(Charleston)
$329
$319
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I am a Motel 6 fan and this is the worst Motel 6 ever dirty filthy mattress uncomfortable loud seedy. There is a much McDonald's across the parking lot that's about the only good news I have about this place

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Mike E
Reviewed March 2, 2013

It has great location with access to 2 major roads in Charleston county, Hwy. 17 and I-526. It has that West Ashley vibe, sort of "redneck," but not life-threatening or dangerous, as in North Charleston. Other reviewers have pointed out the paucity of towels and the low water pressure, so I will add that my toliet backed up and almost overflowed. Also, there was a used condom in the breeze-way close to my room. I guess they tried to flush it, but when that did not work, he just threw it outdoors. For $40 you are going to get the basic setting: a comfy bed, a small tv, free coffee, no fridge, no microwave, and WiFi for an extra charge of $2. I used to stay at the Masters Inn in Mt. Pleasant, but new owners raised the rate to $60 and it offers about the same amenities as this Motel 6. I will also add that the location is convenient to the historical district, about 5 miles down 17, and many restaurants and bars are in the area, including Bessinger's BBQ, which is award-winning Q at a decent price-- unlike the overpriced, posh joints in the downtown district.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Beachtrekr
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have stayed at this Motel 6 before and will again. It is what it is. An inexpensive place for a night passing through. People expecting a frig or a microwave in a standard room at a Motel 6 obviously have no idea what the property is meant to be. The room is small, but fine. The staff is very nice and helpful It's in a good section of town near Citadel Mall, and the road access is good. Don't expect coffee in the room or hairdryers. They do have to do something to keep the rates so low. And if you need a good lunch to-go, you would be surprised how
good the deli is across the street at the Piggly-Wiggly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank CJ A
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Traveled with my husband, our 8 month old daughter and my sister. Her significant other already had a room here, so we figured it would be easier for us to meet up at the end of the weekend if we got a room as well. My sister says that they had no issues with their room, with the exception of no microwave or mini-fridge. My husband, daughter and I, however, had a complete HORROR experience.

Our FIRST room was non-smoking. Although our neighbors a few doors down were smoking - outside...my husband still smelled smoke INSIDE the room. So he went to the front desk and requested a room change. We got our new room and it took us about 5 minutes to convince the door to open. That should have been a sign that our stay was going to be horrible....and it was. We were greeted by a roach on the desk, just "chilling". Only 2 bars of soap and two towels. The bathroom was somewhat decent, but the shower had another roach that apparently felt the need to be clean. The a/c either pumped out cold air or hardly any air, depending on what we set the temp on. The beds had fleas, the room had gnats and we discovered, to our horror, that the microwave that we used to warm up our breakfast in and ate housed at LEAST one roach, which crawled from between the glass and the plastic door on one side to the other and crawled back into the microwave housing. Needless to say, we checked out and luckily got a refund for our second night that we had paid for in advance and found a much nicer - AND CLEANER hotel downtown.

The only positive to this place is the front desk staff that was very friendly, both checking in and checking out....and Domino's pizza's fast delivery.

DO NOT STAY IN THIS MOTEL! ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING! CHEAP PRICING DEFINITELY DETERMINES THE QUALITY FOR THIS PLACE. WE ARE NOT STAYING AT THIS - OR ANY MOTEL 6 AGAIN! OH...AND THEIR SLOGAN "WE'LL THE LIGHT ON FOR YOU" IS A LIE. WE DEFINITELY HAD TO TURN ON IN BOTH OF OUR ROOMS.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank GinoandDanielle M
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My significant other and I booked one night at this motel as it was decently priced and close to the port where I needed to pick up my daughter from her cruise. The front desk staff was nice enough. The room was small but I can handle that for one night. You can forget the travel size hair dryer. There was barely enough towels for two people to shower.. The shower had NO water pressure. I was told that there was one queen bed in the room. I KNOW that was a full size bed. The front desk lady assured me that no, it was a queen. It was very loud outside .. we were kept up half the night by shady characters looming around outside drinking and partying all night.. DO NOT stay here. It was cheap, but we got what we paid for. Miserable night! There was no microwave or efficiency refrigerator. WHO in this day and time CHARGES for internet? Oh. That would be Motel 6.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family