“Try the BLT or the Shrimp Po Boy Sandwich - Ice Cream Too!!”

Ye Ole Fashioned Ice Cream & Sandwich Cafe
Ranked #12 of 43 Dessert in Charleston
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My family and I travel to Charleston about every three to four years and we always eat several, and I mean several times, during our visit. The food and ice cream is excellent. This time we had the 10 - slices of bacon BLT, the 25 popcorn shrimp Po Boy sandwich (not even kidding), boat load of fries, and of course the ice cream. You have to try the banana nut bread ice cream. It is AWESOME!!!! We also had salt ice cream, cake batter, and strawberry cream pie flavors. Staff was friendly, free refills, and just good comfort food for a good price. Just try it.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

My sons and I drove from beachfront Folly to the top of Folly Road almost every night during our recent vacation for dessert. The sundaes are huge. I prefer the Reece's Sundae with Banana Pudding Ice Cream. Loaded, messy ice cream is my favorite dessert. They load the cup with ice cream, followed by loads of hot fudge and peanut butter. They offer topping with whipped cream, nuts and cherry (we always take them up on it). This is my favorite dessert in Charleston.

My son tried several favors of the ice cream and liked the Churro Ice Cream the best.

The service was consistently friendly and by mid week they knew who we were when we walked in. It doesn't look like much, but the ice cream is great. My sons want to try the food some day and they advertise a 10 slice BLT I would like to try.

This is among the best ice cream not made at home I have had and I will return next year.

1  Thank Wuesterbunny
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Had the BLT sandwich. Very good. My husband had the cheeseburger he said it was good. We shared a banana split. We will visit here again!

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

The building and outside dining area leave a lot to be desired, the ice cream was average, but they know their target audience: Americans who want oversized everything. The size small ice cream is quite reasonably priced and is big enough to be a size large at a hotst-totsy ice cream boutique. The outside dining area is bordered by the drive through line so be prepared to enjoy your food with a side of exhaust.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We visited Charleston last week and were searching for ice cream. I stopped in a Hess Service Station and ask the attendant and three patrons where to find a local place for shakes. They all recommended Ye Old Fashioned and said to order the BLT. We ordered chocolate and strawberry shakes and chicken salad and BLT sandwiches. They were both very good. This was on a Thursday and we came back on Saturday afternoon before hitting another museum. This was a very good find and is close to downtown Charleston.

1  Thank Chiefs1970