“Great to take the kids for lunch!”

Ye Ole Fashioned Ice Cream & Sandwich Cafe
Ranked #12 of 37 Dessert in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Mt Pleasant
“Great to take the kids for lunch!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I like this place because the food is big and cheap! It's a menu found in your own kitchen, so no surprises when you get your food! Great burgers-really, really, really big. Love their fries and oh the ice cream!

Visited August 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Best BLT i've had and really great Ice Cream”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I went there not once, but twice to enjoy the BLT...it is a double decker so be warned! Though it isn't gigantic and filled me up just fine. I think it is the way they so neatly put the shredded lettuce, tomato, bacon and mayo all together on 4 piece of bread that makes it so delicious. I also had their butter pecan ice cream on a waffle cone which also was of course delicious.

The first time I went was through the drive-thru and the second time was inside. It is very quaint inside, not very large...there is also some outdoor seating, but it was quite hot out.

Overall it was by far the best BLT I have had, simple and sweet and it is a great place for other foods as well. My mother has a burger, which she enjoyed and my dad had the Philly Cheese Steak which he also liked, I would certainly pay a visit to it if you are in the area!

• Visited August 2012
Gulf Breeze, Florida
“Banana Splits big enough for two”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

A lively crew dishes up generous scoops and delicious toppings for their Traditional banana splits, priced reasonably and worth every penny. They use Blue Bell ice cream, which I agree is the best ice cream in the country. My friend had the hot fudge sundae which she described as yummy and too big. Note that they use whipped topping, not whipped cream but it didn't bother me. Lots of other ice cream flavors. They also serve burgers, but I came for ice cream and left happy, though I couldn't finish my traditional banana split. My eyes were larger than my stomach.

“Great Flavors!”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The nice thing about vacation is you can splurge and try 2 ice cream shops in one day. We went to both Wholly Cow and Ye Ole Fashioned today. If you like creamy ice cream then WC is better but YOF was packed full of flavor making it our personal favorite. You can't go wrong with either though so enjoy whichever is closer!

Chicago, Illinois
“Hooked for life!”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have only eaten at this location of Ye Ole Fashioned Ice Cream & Sandwich Cafe, caecause it is centrally located to the places I frequent while visiting Charleston.. It is a must -stop every trip we take down there, Most recently, tried the sandwich combo- and whoa boy! the sandiwches were ginormous, and freshly made, super delicious. The ice cream has home made taste and super creamy. Any of the ice cream flavors that have add in stuff like fruits or nuts, etc are found abundantly in the serving - you dont have to hunt for a lone pecan, or ribbon of caramel. Added bonusm the cafe is open later on the weekends, so it saved us from having to resort to fast food drive thru after our annual tour of the Christmas lights on James Island.. Fast, courteous service, with excellent food and resonable prices and portions. Not to be missed for casual dining!

• Visited December 2011