“Terrible Service, Mediocre Food”
Review of Parson Jack's Cafe

Parson Jack's Cafe
Ranked #637 of 947 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Went there one night at the recommendation of a friend. Haven't taken her advice since. I ordered a half sandwich and cup of soup. It took an hour. An hour to ladle soup, and assemble a cold sandwich. There were literally two other tables. We were seated at the bar and maybe it was my hunger playing with my perception, but the waitress/bartender seemed to be ignoring us. My boyfriend was with me, but he wasn't hungry so he just ordered some beer. Once we got the waitress's attention, she was very friendly, but was more concerned about our drinks than my food, no doubt an attempt to up-sell. I was just about to walk out the door when my food arrived. It wasn't worth the wait, or the price. It's nice that they have a dog-friendly set-up, but I think I'll just leave the dogs at home and go somewhere else for dinner. They get three stars instead of one only because they are the only bar in town that keeps Abita strawberry harvest lager all year round. it's a very delicious beer.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

we have been here about 4 times. the last three visits were less than pleasant. we went there approx. 4 months ago for dinner. our order took forever to arrive and our waitress ignored our inquiry as to why it was taking so long for the order to arrive..told us she'd check and mins later arrived with dinner. 2 months ago went again for dinner and my husband had to use the restroom. he informed the waitress that it was dirty and the toilet broken to which she asked if he broke it! then last night we went back. had just flown in from new jersey and decided to go there for dinner. we ordered dinner at 5:30 received our drinks, but by 6:05 still had not received our order which was a salad and sandwich! inquired to another waitresss(since we could not find ours) what the problem was..she then asked what did we order...waited some more until we saw a couple, who arrived after us, receive their order,,saw our waitress busy talking to someone in the kitchen..ignoring us. at that time we put money on the table for our sodas and walked out. our time is valuable too and feel that the owner/mang. have to train their staff and kitchen better. it is sad since their food is good but will not go back there again as there are many good restaurants in charleston and surrounding towns. would not recommend this cafe

Reviewed June 23, 2012

You can count on three things at Parson Jacks: Good food, bad service and a slow kitchen. We have eaten there many times and ate there again tonight and it held true to form. The waitress couldn't keep our glasses full (even though we were one of two tables that were occupied), messed up my order, took 25 minutes to get my food but the wings were awesome. If you can put up with an incompetent wait staff for some good food this is the place for you, just don't visit if you are pressed for time because you won't make your appointment.

1  Thank joefromjohnsisland
Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Go here for Sundat Brunch and it might be the only time you eat all day! All you can eat breakfast food, chicken and for a little extra bottomless bloody Marys & mimosas!

1  Thank Christine K
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Love the whole "dog" friendly setup and outside seating. Hate the poor service (usually). Love the food, hate the prices. I hope this place gets better, it has a lot of promise.

1  Thank CharlestonResident