“Great food and service!”

La Tabella Italian Grill
Ranked #192 of 971 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Locally owned Italian restaurant specializing in house made pasta dishes, hand cut steaks and chops, and fresh seafood. Open for lunch serving deli sandwiches, salads, and lunch size pasta dishes. Sunday brunch features benedicts, omelots, traditional breakfast dishes, burgers and sandwiches, salads, and our house pasta dishes.
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We are regulars at La Tabella. We go there for lunch or dinner at least once a week. The food is always outstanding. You can pick anything on the menu and it is great tasting! I especially love the Ba Da Bing shrimp (sweet and spicy!) and my husband loves the mussels and chopped salad. We recently took all our children and their spouses and eight grandchildren there for lunch. Our server, Eve, was great; she had the tables all set up and everybody loved their meal. This is one of our favorite restaurants in Charleston.

1  Thank MartiandPete

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Atmosphere was nice and quiet. Food was good, portions good. My sister and I shared a plate. There was no fee for sharing and they did a nice job spliting into two plates, rather than hand us the plates. Not sure on price, since my brother-in-law paid the bill (what a nice bro-in-law) I would definitely return.

1  Thank carol k
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were looking for someplace different to eat on James Island. Checked trip advisor and found La Tabella. It is hidden in the back corner of a small strip mall. We walked in and had a few doubts when we saw the chairs and tables. The waiter came right over and took our drink orders and asked if we had any questions. We ordered the fried calamari appetizer. When it came out he took the rest of the order. My sister in law asked if they charged for splitting an order and they didn't. The fried calamari was perfect. The dinners came out, they had eggplant parm and the skin was removed which gave a nice taste. I had the linguini with clams which was done nicely. We would return.

1  Thank Jim C
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Great find on JI! If you want killer Italian on the island and tremendous service, go check these guys out! Our new clubhouse for sure! Try the Chicken Picatta or Eggplant Parm!

2  Thank SouthernFlare
Reviewed April 8, 2013

While we live right on James Island, just a few minutes from downtown Charleston, this was our first visit to this well advertised little Gem. If you have never had home made pasta, this should be your first taste. I had a shrimp and scallop grilled and in a pesto sauce over angel hair pasta - excellent. The flavors were melt in your mouth. Knowing that I would be having pasta, I did not order a salad, so I could not speak to that. Also, the bread served was just a plain Italian white loaf. A trademark bread would add so much to the pasta and sauce. My husband had linguini and clam sauce which was also excellent with clams in shell as well as clams in the very garlicky sauce. Staff was knowledgeable, courteous and efficient. Setting was casual, though small so fills up quickly by 7pm. Love the pasta.

1  Thank Marian H