“Delicious Lunch”

Tazikis Cafe
Ranked #129 of 968 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

After an afternoon of shopping in King Street we stopped at Taziki's Cafe. I have always liked Gyro and stuffed grapes leaves. The food was great. We had grape leaves (Dolmades), chicken gyro, and the Greek Lemon chicken soup. It was all fantastic!!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Had a lamb gyro, which was fantastic. Located on King Street and I chose it simply for convenience. Was pleasantly surprised by the food quality.

Only one mixup: Ordered without onions due to an allergy, and the sandwich was onion-free, but the "tomato and cucumber" side was mixed with onions (not mentioned on menu). This is an "order then find a seat" type establishment, and after they dropped off my food, no one stopped or even came near to check in, so I ended up not returning the side for a replacement. Yes, I could have gotten up to say something, but I was at the far end of the place from the counter and they were busy. Likely it was pre-mixed and I wouldn't have felt like waiting for a replacement. This is a minor issue, but felt it was worth mentioning.

Other than that, everything was great. The staff I did interact with was quite pleasant. I would choose this restaurant again for a quick bite if in the neighborhood.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

After a morning of sightseeing, we were ready for a hearty and delicious lunch. This restaurant fit the bill perfectly. There was quite a line to place an order, but the staff efficiently got to us in only a few minutes. My husband had a lamb gyro and I had a taziki's taco. Both were excellent dishes, freshly prepared and seasoned beautifully.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We needed an alternative to lowcountry seafood fare, and found it at Taziki's on King Street. Hubbie had the Mediterranean salad with tilapia, which was very good and ample. I had the Greek salad gyro, also filling and tasty. We split a baklava, and our bill with drinks was $22. For Charleston, this was a real deal. The Sunday pasta special looked great. This is a great little place to have a light meal.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were strolling on King Street and came across this restaurant. We looked in the window and saw a lady eating what appeared to be an awesome looking appetizer. We meandered inside to check the place out. No waitress service-you order and then the food is brought out to you. The interior of the restaurant is simple but clean. We weren't ready for dinner yet but decided to return. On the way out we asked the lady with the appetizer if she wouldn't mind telling us what she was eating. This lady told us what she was eating and how delicious it was. She was eating the mazedes platter but substituted the tazikis dip with the spicy pimento cheese. We returned later and thoroughly enjoyed our dinners. We ordered the mezedes platter and it was delicious and the portion was generous. I had the grilled beef tenderloin and the beef was well seasoned and tender. Also, the prices were very reasonable. Entrees are served with a Greek salad.