“Take a break from heavy food here...”
Review of Tazikis Cafe

Tazikis Cafe
Ranked #161 of 940 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had enough grits and shrimp so ate an early dinner here one night. Enjoyed the freshness of the ingredients and the pleasant service. Very casual and well located on King Street.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I get the Mediterranean salad once a week and am never disappointed. So fresh. I also love the fact that they let you substitute cucumbers for red onions.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stopped in today and had their grape leaves, house sauce and a salad. The flavor was excellent but the grape leaves were too large to eat easily so they deconstructed themselves and were very sloppy. I'd prefer a smaller version that stayed together a bit better but otherwise very good. Ingredients were fresh and sauces and dressings home made. Staff was friendly and premises were pretty clean for a fast casual restaurant. All in all pretty good.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This place is extremely fresh and is delicious. The staff is kind and the food is amazing. If this resturant was in my home town I would go to it all the time. Perfect place to get a decent priced lunch downtown.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Lunch at Taziki's Cafe was delicious! On my latest visit to Charleston, I ordered the dolmades platter (grilled hand-rolled grape leaves stuffed with seasoned rice, Greek salad, pita bread), which was both tasty and filling. I ate every bit of the grape leaves and every grain of rice -- the dolmades were that good. The dolmades platter came with a side of Taziki sauce, which looked like a yogurt sauce, but I did not try it. On an earlier visit to the restaurant, I ordered the grilled tilapia with Greek seasoning and caper-dill tartar sauce. It was beautifully laid out on the plate, and it tasted every bit as good as it looked. When I eat out, I always order vegetarian / fish dishes; I was pleased to have a choice of different entrees at Taziki's, and to find them very good. I enjoy this restaurant very much and I look forward to eating there again on my next visit to Charleston.