“Yum! What a difference freshness makes!”

Glazed Gourmet Doughnuts
Ranked #4 of 18 Bakeries in Charleston
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Found this place on Facebook prior to visiting Charleston. Decided to put it on our list for places we wanted to stop before we left the city. On the day we visited, I think they had 6-7 varieties to choose from. I would've liked to see some more "fun" flavors, but the selection was decent. We purchased 3 donuts. All 3 were yummy! They say on their website they make everything from scratch, including the glazes and fillings, and you really CAN taste the difference (pretty much EVERY typical donut place or bakery uses donut mixes and filling and glazes from a bucket...some are even frozen and thawed out before you get them-no thanks!). These donuts were light and fluffy, just as a donut should be. The maple bacon had just the right amount of bacon to not be too overpowering, and the fresh raspberry glaze was delish! I wish I could've stopped in another day to try some more of their offerings, as they have some pretty tasty-sounding ones! Staff was friendly, too! Highly recommend giving this place a try.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Doughnuts at this shop really were gourmet. We had 10 items to choose from, similar to a cupcake shop, each of which looked great. The simple glazed was exceptional, and the coffee was hot, fresh, and strong. The shop itself was not all that special, but the doughnuts were very good.

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We tried the classic glazed, a good barometer since just about every where makes those, they were good, but not great. Interesting flavor in the dough. Definitely better than dunkin or supermarket doughnuts, but I didn't think they were worth $2.00 a piece. But if you are a doughnut aficionado then you should probably check it out.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was my first visit to Glazed, but not my last. I had the raspberry glazed doughnut and it was delicious. I bought the apple bacon fritters for my two guys back home and they really enjoyed them. Next time I hope they have the pina colada doughnut. They have about 10 flavor choices everyday. I went to Glazed early to be sure they had a good selection.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Delicious donuts. The black and white was the best - so soft and sweet and chocolatey goodness. Also love the lemon cake doughnut. And one of the best iced coffees I've ever had!