“Pretty good...”

Glazed Gourmet Doughnuts
Ranked #2 of 20 Bakeries in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto
“Pretty good...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was expecting doughnut nirvana, but was underwhelmed.

It was St. Patrick's day so they had some special flavours, but none interested me.

Decided on a glazed, raspberry glazed, and cinnamon twist. Haven't had a twist since probably my childhood! Most of the flavours I wanted to try weren't available that day.

Glazed was okay, nothing special. The raspberry had a good flavour and you could tell they use real raspberry in it. This was probably my fave out of the 3. The twist was good, but again nothing special. It was more for nostalgia that I liked it.

They're not that cheap. Just over $2 a donut. Might give them another shot if ever in Charleston so I could try some of their other flavours, but if you have some specific flavours you're going for it might be smart to call ahead first so you're not disappointed!

Visited March 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Locals, Average Doghnuts”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was pretty disappointed in the doghnuts. They just weren't very good, of course I'm biased since I'm all about KK (Krispy Kreme for those who've yet to be indoctrinated). The staff & locals were very friendly though. If you are keen to try it, go early because they don't make many & sale out quickly!

• Visited March 2013
Charleston, SC
“They will sell out of what you want”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

They NEED to make MORE of their doughnuts! I'm not saying this just because they are so good (which they are) but because I've been here several times and they sell out of the majority of their stuff by 11am on the weekend! On the weekend!!! Make more, sell more! Demand is high! Also, watch your credit card here. My girlfriend was charged 3 times for her $12 purchase!

• Visited February 2013
Proctorville, Ohio
“Worth the walk!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Really tasty fresh donuts, with a great variety. I tried the classic chocolate glazed and my mom tried the bacon maple. They had an eclectic mix for those who are feeling adventurous.

Visited February 2013
“Best Doughnut in Charleston!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have never had a bad doughnut in the place! Whenever I have company in town, I take them to breakfast here. The staff is great and super helpful. The doughnuts are both fresh and creatively flavored. You cannot go wrong with any choice!

• Visited February 2013