“Excellent breakfast”
Review of Eli's Table

Eli's Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Eli's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Queen Street
Description: Eli's Table features a new menu offering bold, worldly flavors while using fresh and local ingredients. Named after the owner of Charleston Hospitality Group's son Eli, the restaurant is sentimental for many reasons. Guests are treated with a new way to savor their favorite classics. Tantalize your taste buds and join us at Eli's Table tonight. Menu is subject to change without notice.
Pennsylvania
“Excellent breakfast”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stopped in for breakfast this morning. It is very convenient to all of the HD hotels. It was deserted when we arrived but quickly started to fill as we were there. The coffee was hot and refilled often. My husband and I both had omelets ----mine was spinach, mushroom, and cheese, and his was the sausage and peppers. They were both outstanding - fresh and tasty. With the fried potatoes it was a hearty meal. The service was attentive but not overbearing. We will most likely be returning before our visit is over. Excellent choice.

NC
“Less than satisfactory”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Sunday morning breakfast was an easy walk from Charleston Place Hotel. Tried to make a reservation, but their system was down so it was a first-come, first-served situation and several folks had already arrived by the time we got there, so there was a wait to be seated. Fortunately, we were able to to get spots at the bar to wait and the mimosas helped pass the time. When we were seated the service was quick and attentive. The food, unfortunately, was not very good. One in our party got the highly recommended shrimp and grits and they were virtually inedible with a fork. In fact, the waiter brought a soup spoon with her order as they were so runny. I had the french toast and I like syrup on the toast. Problem was, the syrup must have just come out of the refrigerator, because it turned the toast very cold. Too bad because I think it would have been good if it had been warm. Because of the large, overflow crowd I'm going to chalk this less than satisfactory visit to the place being overwhelmed. Will give it 1 more try on our next visit.

Mahwah, New Jersey
“Great breakfasts!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was my second visit. My first was last August, for red velvet pancakes, a weekend speciality. They stuck with me, they were just so good. This time, it was a Monday morning and I went with the biscuits and sausage gravy. The description promises a spicy gravy and it was.

Eli's Table has a couple of different dining rooms, and a young, friendly staff.

Visited March 2013
Virginia
“A Must Try!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

This a casual restaurant that serves very good food. I was among a party of six who went here for dinner recently. Two of us had the salmon dish which was outstanding. The white fish meal was so-so according to those that had it. However, the server appropriately advised against ordering it due to what he considered an inferior quality of monk fish. The steak was excellent. Some dishes come with accompaniments, others, you must order your sides. The service was very good and the server was knowledgeable. I plan to go back for breakfast. Don't overlook this little gem.

Healdsburg, California
“Chef Eva Broyles rocked it!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Chef Eva Broyles - remember this woman's name. She is in my opinion one of the best chef's we encountered on a recent trip to the Southeast. Rather than go on and on....... make a reservation for dinner (be sure she's working - we heard they have different chef's on for different shifts daily)

Each dish we had was perfectly executed from pan to presentation and she never missed the opportunity to season correctly. We had a wonderful time here.

The only "dings" I could give this place involved an uninformed hostess who told me incorrectly they do not have a wine corkage policy, so we weren't able to bring a special bottle of Pinot Noir with us. Also I was told by our waiter the full bar here did not have any dark rum. I chuckled at that knowing Charleston's sea port heritage.

All in all a fabulous place to eat dinner.