“Great food and fun atmosphere”
Review of The Macintosh

The Macintosh
Reserve with OpenTable
The Macintosh is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ann Street
Apex
“Great food and fun atmosphere”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

The appetizers, entrees and desserts were great. We had the cab steak and shared appetizers at the table. I loved the chocolate dessert.
The service was very good and the people watching was fun. I definitely recommend this restaurant.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Enjoyable refreshing!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Lets start off the way I start off most of my reviews! I live in Charleston, and am an avid foodie! Typically I dine out with my fiancé friends and family so any restaurant I am reviewing is a great place for any occasion unless other wise stated.So It was my fiancé's birthday we were in the mood for something different. We have known of Macintosh for a while just never made it there. It is absolutely a hot spot, so make sure you make a reservation. The Chef like to make sure that his ingredients are from as close to Charleston as possible. Chef like to keep it local! The menu will change almost daily. Service is extremely professional, and caters to all of your needs. This establishment is on the higher end, I would hang it right below the upper echelon of high end Charleston restaurants. I had the CAB Decker, which was a fabulous piece of meet. The truffle oil Frittes are phenomenal, if not the best downtown. The atmosphere is extremely loud, so if you are looking for something elegant, romantic and or have a hearing problem. I would think twice about dinning here. This has probably been my most non informative review and I have a lot out there! Everything was great, I do not think you can go wrong, Its just nothing jumped out at me. I did not leave Macintosh saying to myself I will be returning next week. So please do not take this the wrong way food is great, presentation phenomenal. Staff knows their stuff, the food is as local as can be and the menu is extremely interesting and changes day to day which is great. Of course the part you have all been waiting for a fairly decent bar. If you are into your "cups" as most are down here you will not be disappointed. I will rate the bar at a 7. 1 being the worst, 10 the best! Recommended for adults, yet anyone can go!

Charleston, SC
“Hip Brunch”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I had been meaning to eat at this relatively newcomer to Charleston for some time, but with all the new restaurants popping up in this area these days, hadn't made it. We decided to give it a go this weekend for brunch. We weren't disappointed, but we definitely left completely stuffed. We started with poutine (shoestring fries with gravy and cheese) - can't go wrong there. The serving was huge and we probably should have stopped ourselves from eating them all but they were great and not overdone in either the gravy or cheese department. I then had chicken and waffles and my husband had the vegetable omelet. Again, the servings were generous. We sat at the bar and the bartender was incredibly pleasant without being overbearing. Given this experience we will definitely try dinner here. There is outside dining but it was a tad too humid for us, maybe in the fall. The interior of the restaurant - like so many of the newer Charleston restaurants - is relatively small, seating probably 50-60 people with a small bar area.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Great location with great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Love this place!If it's for the bacon happy hour, just for drinks or a great dinner this place is fun with amazing food. I've been here twice, once to celebrate a friends engagement and another friends birthday. A group of about 10 girls having a great time. They sat us at the high top near the kitchen which I wasn't thrilled about at first but we had the most amazing time. And at the end of the meal, desserts were brought to us as compliments of the kitchen! Overall great place and not one of the "touristy" Charleston restaurants by the market.

• Visited April 2014
Lyme, New Hampshire
“Outstanding food, nice atmosphere, central location”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Had a big family dinner here last night, out back in their open-air courtyard. The menu is wonderfully inventive -- consider the chilled peach soup with blueberries and pickled jalapeno as just one delicious example -- and the service was impeccable. Everyone in my party was raving about the food and wine. Reservations strongly recommended, as it was packed even on a ind-week evening.