“Fun place and fabulous food”
Review of The Macintosh

The Macintosh
Reserve with OpenTable
The Macintosh is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 947 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ann Street
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We ate by the kitchen and the entertainment watching the food come out was wonderful! We were late eating and the food was a little slow to come out. The sausage plate was unbelievable as was the grouper. I liked my vegetable plate but it was all sort of mixed together and I didn't like that. Great wine recommendations and we would all go back.

1  Thank Unitygeorgia

Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I ate there last night and it was wonderful! The deckel and the rudderfish were amazing! Will go back. Thanks for an amazing meal.

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

First off, the service is unrivaled. Period. The food was incredible although in hindsight I might have made a few different choices from the menu selections I made. Go all out if you're dining here, don't stop short of the full experience, or you'll regret it!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I love eating out in charleston and our meal at Macintosh was one of best...ever. Atmosphere is cool because I'm not always a white tablecloth fan. Service was outstanding. And the food was phenomenal.....our table had butcher plate, red leaf salad with stuffed zucchini blossom, deckle(like a great rib eye steak), pork shoulder, and trigger fish. All dishes were delicious and beautifully presented.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I don't care for fine dining, but we visited the Macintosh because my boyfriend does. Needless to say, I got the bacon cheeseburger, which is reasonably priced at $13. The burger was tasty and a good value, but the best part was, however, the French fries - yummmmmmm. I would recommend getting these as an appetizer or as an extra side if they don't come with your meal. I've eaten at the Oak Table, which is a sister restaurant in Columbia, and they have the same phenomenal French fries. He got the grouper, which in itself was a good size, but all of the offerings listed with it were pretty skimpy (even for the standards of a fancy restaurant). I don't think he was very impressed by it. Our server was very attentive and did an excellent job. If you are looking for more food for your money, I might recommend a different restaurant, but all the other reviewers definitely seem to appreciate the Macintosh for the flavorful combinations they offer, so if that's what you're looking for, I would give it a try...Oh and get a reservation well in advance - our reservation was for 9:45 that night!

1  Thank southerngirl745