“The rabbit here is unbelievable as is some of their pasta appetizers”
Review of The Macintosh

The Macintosh
Reserve with OpenTable
The Macintosh is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ann Street
Charleston, SC
“The rabbit here is unbelievable as is some of their pasta appetizers”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I crave the rabbit and their pastas- as well as one of their ricotta salads. Their fries are also good (how can they be bad) as is their fried fish and chips. The steak that they recommend (i forget the name but they are always recommending it) is fine- I ate it but it's nothing to write home about. I wouldn't say this place is romantic because the bar scene is always lively and can be loud- and you are generally seated right next to it as the dining tables are right next to the bar- but it's a good place to be.

Visited October 2012

Geneva, Illinois
“Very good food! Wonderful!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Delish! Loved the pork with the root veggies! Only complaint is a little salty. The wait staff very knowledgeable.

Danville, California
“Beyond Expectations”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We ate our way through Charleston moving from place to place based on recommendations from each previous restaurant. The chefs eat here. The back patio was charming and the foresight of overhead fans made the evening outside perfect. Every ingredient was fresh that day and the Amberjack fish was truly life changing. The bread pudding that started with cinnamon rolls from Wildflower Pastry was also a true delight. However, I will never forget my first southern martini... green olives stuffed with pimento cheese and bacon. Wow, it was fantastic.

• Visited October 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
“New options for fine dining in Charleston”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The upper end of King Street continues to bustle with fine dining. At least 4 more restaurants are still under construction Macintosh presents superb dining and the very best in service. A number of local fish selections highlight the menu along with fresh local vegetables, all attractively served by super and attentive and knowledgable wait staff. Don't miss this new option in Charleston!

Cranford
“Perfect!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My wife had been there with 2 of my daughters and wanted me to go there during our recent visit. There were 3 of us there this night. I like different beers and she called a week before our arrival to see if they offered flights of beer. They said they did not but that we could ask the bartender we arrived. When we got there, the waiter approached me (before I said anything) and told me that when they heard I liked flights, they ordered a set just for me and that it was brand new. How excellent was that? The food was great. We had the gnudi, scallops and pork ravioli for apps. For dinner we had the deckle and a fish dinner. I loved everything. We passed the plates around and all of us loved every bite. Our waiter was great, we had fun and what else can you ask? Go here, you will not be disappointed.

Visited October 2012