“Great staff, tasty seasonal food” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Macintosh
Ranked #25 of 895 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ann Street
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Great staff, tasty seasonal food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was amazed at how knowledgeable the staff was at this restaurant. The food was also very good, fresh and tasty. We ordered the gnudi and pork ravioli. We shared the grouper for dinner, but the star of our meal, surprisingly were the truffle oil fries. So good!

Visited September 2012

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Gr8 atmosphere, gr8 service, gr8 food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I loved the food and service. I have to suggest the need of more upscale fish options in the menu.
Also ordered take out and was given doggy back type of packaging.. (I guess they are not used to take out... too pricey for it) The place is upscale and you will find beautiful people there...
I did left hungry after a $300 tab for 2.. (plates are small)

• Visited August 2012
Daniel Island, South Carolina
“The Macintosh – Certainly Worth the Wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

We had wanted to visit The Macintosh in Charleston, but we were waiting for that special occasion. Finally a birthday entered the picture, and away we went.

It started out at the bar with a very nice rum and tonic made perfectly: some nice Appleton Rum, some Jack Rudy tonic, and a splash of club soda. Yumm –

Then the fun began. The Macintosh is one of those places that has so many good things on the menu that you don’t know what to choose. We like small bites so my wife and I started by sharing the sausage plate appetizer. A stick of duck sausage and a stick of home-made Kielbasa accompanied by delicious bread-and-butter pickles, a nice whole grain mustard, and some crispy flat bread. Very good and plenty of food for two.

For my entrée, I opted for the pork belly appetizer accompanied by two sides: their bone marrow bread pudding and summer succotash. The bone marrow bread pudding lay somewhere between batter bread and Yorkshire pudding. Delish. I plated the succotash with the pork belly and it was a down-home feast.

We thought everything about The Macintosh was great: service, servers, food, ambiance. The only bad thing is that it adds complexity to the Charleston restaurant scene. The answer to “Where do you want to go for dinner tonight?” just got more complicated.

• Visited September 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great with a group”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We visited with a group of 10 and were treated to a wonderful evening. The service was tremendous and the food was incredible. So different, so fun. We ended up passing all of plates all around the table - hoping to share each dish with our fellow diners. Each dish was better than the last. I'd highly recommend a visit to Macintosh! Oh, and the drinks were really great, too - Dia de los Muertos was my favorite.

• Visited July 2012
South Carolina
“Great service but the food wasn't what I wanted it to be.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We made our way to Macintosh as part of a small bacholorette party on Saturday night during Restaurant Week. While the entire meal averaged out to be decent at best, our server, Ricky, was top notch and we enjoyed our time with him.

Maybe "decent" wasn't the best word to describe our food. Maybe inconsistent is a better word. The sweetbreads were subpar compared to any sweetbreads I've ordered before but the gnudi was out of this world!! The bone marrow bread pudding was delicious but the bland crispy duck leg was overshadowed by a huge mound of flavorless greens. The desserts included in the Restaurant Week menu were also disappointing (almond tart and chocolate cake). Even so, I think we'd go back because the staff, especially Ricky, were accommodating and genuine. I'd also like to try this restaurant again because my friends speak very highly of Macintosh. Maybe this was just an "off night."

In closing, I look forward to writing a more positive review of Macintosh when/if I go back.

• Visited September 2012