“Wow! Beautiful...”

Christophe Artisan Chocolatier - Patissier
Ranked #10 of 82 Shopping in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: The story of Christophe Artisan Chocolatier-Patissier is, above all else, a story of love. A story that, at its core, is about one man's love for sharing his creations with others and his dedication to his French origins. Christophe Paume is the rarest of artisans, a third-generation French chocolatier, who grew up in his father's patisserie in Toulouse, France. Alongside his father, he learned to create exquisite French pastry, the highest quality chocolates, succulent gelato, and every type of bread imaginable. After attending the CFA de Muret, Christophe moved to Paris and worked at Entremet de France, refining his hand-painted, one-of-a-kind creations of dark,white, and milk chocolate ganache and chocolate truffles. For the next ten years, he continued to work in the family business and traveled to Montreal to work at Patisserie de Gascogne. He also achieved his Brevet de Maitrise, Master in Pastry. While it was his passion for fine chocolate that brought him to the United States, it was love that kept him here. In 2009, he married Carly, a sales rep for the same chocolate company he worked for, and they formed Christophe Artisan Chocolatier-Patissier.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Wow! Beautiful...”
Reviewed December 19, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This was my first visit to Christophe's shop and was I pleasantly surprised! The candy is absolutely beautiful! I cannot speak for the flavor as I bought a gift for a friend but I did purchase a brownie for my husband which was delicious! I will certainly return here, especially for the pastries, which all look superb!

Visited December 2013

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best chocolate ever ! So many flavors to choose from ! It is like being in a French pastry shop ! awesome”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

It was great being able to choose from so may different chocolate flavors , also they have macaroons , delicious. they also make french sandwiches with the best french baguette .
they offer coffee, tea and all sorts of cakes .You can also order ANY kind of french pastry to your liking . Unique in town !!!!

Visited December 2013
Joshua Tree, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I LOVE Christophe Artisan Chocolatier!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My friends were getting married in Charleston and I was not able to attend the wedding. I wanted to do something very special for them and as luck has it, I came across this AMAZING chocolate shop online. I liked them the moment I saw their website and could tell they were something special. Holly went out of her way to figure out how my box of truffles could be delivered to my friend's wedding. We finally figured it out together and made it happen. I am so impressed with this business and hope to go there some day. As you can see by the other reviews, this place is not to be missed when visiting Charleston. I will never forget their outstanding customer service. Thanks again Holly.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kim N
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“To die for!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

A must stop for chocaholics. Also great for coffee and pastry in the morning or after dinner. Just a short walk from our hotel.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank lmr1
ULTRANERDX
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“So, so good!!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Amazing! Simply amazing!!! We sampled the chocolate dipped macaroons, truffles, sandy/chocolate cookies, pate de fruits, and a few other items, each of which were to die for. If you can't be in Paris, this is about as good as you're going to get. Yum!!

Visited May 2013